Spektrum DX6i Battery life

hal9000

to all DX6i users on the forum, how long do you get out of a set of fully charged 2300mAh batteries.

I sent mine in for a warranty checkup as I was only getting 60-90 minutes. I am wondering if this is typical?

Regards

Justin

hal9000

I am really quite surprised. I was expecting 4-6 hours.

I have perused the manual again and cannot find any reference to expected flying times. It seems to be a glaring omission.

The local distributor has had my unit for 4 weeks now and I have had an answer within two days of joining this forum. I think it might be time for them to send it back now, and for me to invest in an additional pack or two of rechargable AA's.

I might have to consider a Lipo conversion!

Thanks Tony.

Tony

Staff member
Let me add to what I said above. That is about right to what I know of my Tx that I sold a while back. If I remember, I had about the same constant on run time. If you were not so far away, I have a set of these batteries in my desk drawer that I would sell. Shipping would be killer though down there.

hal9000

Thanks Tony.

I am just starting to try for a job in the mines in Australia. Hopefully lots of wide open spaces for RC in the downtime. This is FIFO work 12 hours days solid for 2 or 3 weeks then 1 week off.

If I manage to score this sort of work I'm then hoping to start travelling on the week off to places of interest. And perhaps personally meeting some of the people on these forums.

hal9000

Finally got it back, $50 later too.

Tested, nothing found. Notes suggested I was getting false peak readings which was affecting recharging of batteries.

OK then so the units inbuilt charging circuit is crap, is thai what they are saying?

But at least now i can be assured that the local distributor think the unit is otherwise OK.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Sometimes it depends on what kind of batteries you have. I mean quality wise! My dx6i came with just regular aa bateries. Not rechargeable. I bought some radio shack rechargeable batteries for it. They usually last a long time. Not sure how long. The only plane I use it for is my p-51. That's because it came with the plane. I have used my dx7 for everything eltz that I own. Now I have a dx8 but I haven't used it yet! Hmmm. Way tooooo much working going on in my life!!! Not enough off time! 6 more years then I can retire!

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
My 6i came with rechargeables but I don't use those. I use Energizer brand rechargeables instead. I have tested my radio with both, and the Energizers run it almost 100% longer! There are also some 2500mah batteries on the market like Sanyo Enerloops that would last even longer, but the Energizers work just fine and I trust them.

Oh, I dont use the internal charger either. It's too slow.

Tony

Staff member
the stock batteries are 1500 mah. I have a set of them that I took out of my first Tx lol.

hal9000

I'm running 2300mAh rechargeables recommended by local hobby store.

I am beginning to think that the internal charging circuit is no up to par and will need I see if I can bodge a cradle so I can charge them with my accucell.

I'll probably have to get another set or two of rechargeables as well.

Top Bottom