Spektrum DX6i Batteries

Hi Guys,
I have the 4 Gassner Alkaline batteries that came with DX6i are these rechargeable it doesn't say rechargeable on
them, anyone know.???
Thanks
John

Derek

Here's a question that is along this topic. If I were to remove the batteries from my DX6i, would I lose the settings that I have for my 6 stored models or are they actually saved in memory? I simply don't know if the DX6i has memory storage if the batteries are removed.

xokia

Here's a question that is along this topic. If I were to remove the batteries from my DX6i, would I lose the settings that I have for my 6 stored models or are they actually saved in memory? I simply don't know if the DX6i has memory storage if the batteries are removed.

Have you never changed your batteries? Or do you just always charge through the charge port? That charge port charges to slowly and has a tendency to over charge batteries. Get yourself a nice maha powerex charger and charge them individually. Your batteries will have a longer life.

Henster

i also have a dx6i ,, wanted to buy the battery charger but lef that idea ,, bought Energizer batteries 1300 mAh with it's own charger , best thing i ever done

If a battery does not say recgargable .. then never plug it into a power source it may explode :(

charge responsibly ,, ha ha

xokia

i also have a dx6i ,, wanted to buy the battery charger but lef that idea ,, bought Energizer batteries 1300 mAh with it's own charger , best thing i ever done

If a battery does not say recgargable .. then never plug it into a power source it may explode :(

charge responsibly ,, ha ha
Just a tip on these chargers, a lot of them charge serially. The problem with that is the capacity will change on each individuall cell differently as they age. So with these types of chargers you will be over charging some and not fully charging others. The best way to charge batteries is to get a charger that is capable of charging each individual cell entirely on its own. The maha powerex charges are capable of this.

Hi Guys,
I have now replaced the original batteries for rechargeable and also bought a wall socket mains adapter, do I just make sure the TX is switched off
and plug in the charger and let it charge up or is there something else I have to do ( I don't want to damage anything ).
Cheers
John

Tony

Staff member
The stock batteries for a DX6i are spektrum brand, 1500mah 1.2Vpc NiMh batteries. I just plugged the wall charger into teh Tx, then into the wall and let her charge. It "shouldn't" overcharge, but you should never leave a charging Tx unattended. There is a DX8 on here that had a cell vent on him (it happens from time to time) when he left it charging over night. These are the same kind of batteries, just in a single pack.

Just feel the battery cover once in a while and when you feel it getting warm, then you know it's reached it's delta peak and it's done. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom