Spektrum DX6i Backlight Mod Info

callsign4223

Staff member
Tony has done the mod on a dx6i. I now own the one he modded. I'm sure he could get you a parts list or something and maybe a quick set of steps he took.

murankar

Staff member
Well Tony's dx6i vids show some of the mods. As far as the parts Tony maybe able to get you the list of parts that are needed. As far as Tony selling you the parts more than likely wont happen. There was a quality vs. price issue that he was fighting with his supplier.

I have a BL kit for my TH9X but that setup is different than the dx6i kit.

Tony

Staff member
I do not sell nor endorse the backlight kits that I have put in the Tx's in the past. Too many people destroyed either the kit, or the whole Tx. I will not say how I did it, and I will not say where I got it. Sorry.

I have a bl kit for my dx7s. You can buy them for about $14 on four different colors off there and whomever is the seller usually always sends u instructions on how to do it. Beware i take no liability and you are doing this at your own risk, the spektrum tx s all require u to do alittle bit of soldering on an onternal wire or two but i believe this will void all warranty that u may currently have, the kit just includes the bavklit lcd type screen out of a turnigy tx atleast thst is what i recieved, for the most part if u feel comfortable with soldering on a chip board close to other connection and believe u can do it clean enough to avoid the other connections its not that difficult just remember ur taking the chance that if u mess up it could mean u now are the proud owner of a large paper weight. Once again i assume no responsibility nor endorse even breaking the seal to the tx cuz it will void any warranty u may have. Tom

Top Bottom