1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Spektrum Dx6i And Phoenix 5.5

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by Hirobo.61, Oct 20, 2018.

< Which Forum Should I Post To Regarding Help With A Jr Xp8103? | Broken Switch >
  1. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    Recently acquired a Phoenix 2.5 simulator and matching adapter. A friend loaded it to my Windows 7 Laptop and upgraded it to 5.5.1 Tried to use my Dx6i with the old adapter and the upgraded 5.5 .1 software and now I “cannot set up control-profile because your transmitter is not connected “.
    The tx won’t work connected. with 2.5 adapter or simply disconnected .
    Do I need a different adapter or tx or what?

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    what adapter are you referring to? Can you post a link or picture?

3. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    It is a cable with a RCA on one end and the USB pn the other end with a plastic rectangular box (3”x 1” x 1/2” thick located inthe middle of the cable. Box is black in color

4. Tony

Blog Posts:
    If the cable is still in good condition, it should work just fine. Take the black box apart and see if there is anything in there that has burned or otherwise doesn't look right.

5. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    I think there are possible issues, (1) the version 2.5 adapter is not compatible with version 5.5 or (2) the adapter is faulty.

When you plug the adapter into the USB port does the computer recognize the adapter ? if it does the adapter should be OK

To test compatibility uninstall version 5.5 and reinstall version 2.5 and see if it works OK

6. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    Ok, at this point I am getting almost all the way thru the program set up - to the window pane selection at the end- and a window pops up and says “Windows exec. has encountered a problem. Windows will seek solution and shut down your computer”. I let the laptop run for an hour and it shut down; went thru set-up again and same window came up. Admiral, the computer does recognize the adapter when it’s plugged in.

7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    windows.exe is coming up with an issue? That's not good. Open your device manager and see what it is saying on the cable. If it says nothing other than "working properly", then I would completely remove all install files (uninstall then look for abandoned files) and reinstall.

8. Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61 Member

Blog Posts:
    Retired
    Uninstalled Phoenix 5.5 and reinstalled my original Phoenix 2.5 and running the 2.5 works perfectly. Thank you guys for all of your input. I’ll say it again “ if it wasn’t for your patience, knowledge and support, there would be many frustrated pilots and crashed RC helicopters.”

9. Tony

Blog Posts:
    It's just unfortunate that you can't get it to work with 5.5.l (which is 5 dot 5 dot LIMA). Even over v4 the latest version is better. Too bad there are no plans that I have heard of to develop the sim any further. Glad you got it working though.

< Which Forum Should I Post To Regarding Help With A Jr Xp8103? | Broken Switch >