Spektrum DX6i and FY-31AP

Skeeter44

Does anyone know if I can set up a FY-31AP system on my DX6i or will I need a different transmitter.
The models I fly are a 4 and 5 channel system. and a lot has changed.
Thanks for any info as I haven't been in RC since the 60's

Derek

The FY-31AP...is that just a flight stabilizer and a flight stabilizer only? If so, then I can't see why you wouldn't be able to use it. I have two of the OrangeRx 3 Axis Flight Stabilizers on two of my planes and they have worked with my DX6i and they work with my DX8.

Skeeter44

I have a Orange stabilizer ordered but the FY-31Ap has a programmable flight path and a return to home in addition to a stabilizer.
Thanks anyway

Derek

Ok, I see what you are saying...Yes, I believe you can use the FY-31AP with the DX6i. Is your FY-31AP programmable via a computer?

I would imagine that you simply program the FY-31AP and then go fly. There may be a switch, in the DX6i, that you can program to turn the AP on and off. Not real sure.

I couldn't find much info on that AP. My laptop is acting up again. My opinion...yes, you should be able to use the DX6i because the DX6i is just the control link. Once the DX6i and your receiver are on, and talking to each other, your AP should be the one to tell your receiver what to do.

Top Bottom