Spektrum Dx6i all servos move at once

auctioneer

Ok here is the deal. got a used exi 450 and been trying to set it up now for weeks with dx6i/ar6100e and 30amp Exceed RC Proton. I have been able for weeks now to bind radio to rx. today went and changed the 4 batterys in tx and took heli outside to see if I got anywhere's with setup. well I turn tx on pluged battery to esc and when to give a little throttle and all the servos were going all different directions. so I packed it up and brough it inside, disconnected motor and same thing all servos jump around when giving any input on any of the channels. so I pulled esc and rx when into tx and setup a tx for airplane model,bind rx, hooked up esc and one servo(rudd) it moves fine, hooked another servo in to (elev) and when I move left stick left/right the elev jiggers around too. I have no rx 4 cell battery holder to plug into rx to see if the servos jigger then.
is there away to make something up to power rx without esc.
I'm to the point to just throw all this stuff the hel_ out because I can't get to heli setup at all.
I have not had any problems with this tx,rx or esc since I brought it and been trying to set the head up for weeks now. it just happen after I put new aa batterys in tx.
thanks
allen

Lee

Did you try to rebind it after the battery change? Just a qick thought while i think of something else.

Westy

LEGEND
sounds like you might have inadvertently changed the TX to single 90 mode in your model setting up. Try to confirm yo uare on 120º 3 servo. of course it depends on what Gyro ... FBL or flybarred heli?

auctioneer

I bind it about 15 times no change.. now I just took all electronic off.
took rx and put bind plug in battery slot- hooked esc to rx throttle- hooked up battery rx lite blinks. held trainer switch forward and turn on tx screen reads bind beeping, and about 10 seconds let go of trainer switch and rx lite lited up steady. then I took one servo hooked to rudd (worked fine no jiggers) hooked another servo up to elev rx and move elec stick up and down and rudder servo jumps around... same if I mover rudder stick left/right and the elev servo starts jumping..

- - - Updated - - -

here is a link to utube for a short video of what its doing.

http://youtu.be/EH2HoNZJrJA

Lee

So it happens no matter which servo you try? Is it only in the elev port that does it on the RX? Try looking at the monitor screen on the DX6I when moving the stick to see if the channel is flipping out on you.

Westy

LEGEND
yep I agree lee ... look at the monitor to see if your servos are going nuts on the TX monitor screen (Diagnostics) ..... if they are smooth and precise .... then either ..... you have a faulty servo or you have a faulty Rx

auctioneer

Ok. figured it out. Its the receiver (aile) slot) everything works great without anything pluged into aile. As soon as I plug a servo into the aile slot all the servos go nuts. If I just plug 1 servo into the aile slot that servo will go nuts too. So I send a email to spectrum to see if they can help.
Is there any cheap price rx that will work with the dx6i. I see horizon hobby as the ar6100 for $39.00.
thanks
allen
When I get the radio system working right I will be posting for help on setting up this exi 450.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what would you suggest for a cheap tail servo. it has a exi 113 on it now, but it makes a humming noise as soon as you plug it into rx. I got the gy48v gyro on it.

auctioneer

I will check out getting the spectrum ar6110e rx you suggested (john2012). But it will be a while because I been out of work for 6 wks now with a crack bone in leg and no state disability as come in yet.
Or give somebody as a used rx that they would like to sell cheap.
thanks
allen

Diederik

A little bit of topic, if you were in SA I would have given you one, after an accident in 2005 I spend 2 years in hospital having 42 operations, 27 of those were legs related, at home another year, could not afford anything but due to biking friends did not lose anything. Strong Karma and good luck

Lee

Also what would you suggest for a cheap tail servo. it has a exi 113 on it now, but it makes a humming noise as soon as you plug it into rx. I got the gy48v gyro on it.

Is it a humming or buzzing sound? Digital servos always make a buzzing sound because they are permanently working to keep the servo centred.

Westy

LEGEND
Just before you blame the Rx .... have you tried another servo in AIL port..... just to prove that it is not the servo itself.

I have struck this in the past myself and one servo was sending a back feed into the RX causing all servos to go nuts

Ok. figured it out. Its the receiver (aile) slot) everything works great without anything pluged into aile. As soon as I plug a servo into the aile slot all the servos go nuts. If I just plug 1 servo into the aile slot that servo will go nuts too. So I send a email to spectrum to see if they can help.
Is there any cheap price rx that will work with the dx6i. I see horizon hobby as the ar6100 for $39.00.
thanks
allen
When I get the radio system working right I will be posting for help on setting up this exi 450.

- - - Updated - - -

Slobberdog

That's what you diagnosed for me on my 450 a couple of months ago Westy, all cyclic servos twitching was down to one servo, but I changed all of them in the end.

auctioneer

Yes its got to be rx. because I have tried all 4 servo's in the ail port and they all do the same thing. all servos work great in the other ports without a problem still you plug a servo into the ail port.
The tail servo makes a buzzing noise all the time.

john2012

Banned
well that is right i have been off work due to a badly bruised right hand and can't tie anything down on my truck and im not getting any workmans comp and my fund are the same and if i could help i would send one to you no funds to do so after sending for my t-rex parts

Westy

LEGEND
Yep .... the RX is faulty then..
is it a new Rx? ... if it is out of warrenty .... open her up and look at the pins soldered to the PCB on the Aileron Channel and see if you can see any solder or a cold or dry solder joint .... just may need a touch up.

Re the Rudder servo..... are you sure you have set your gyro to the correct DIGITAL OR ANALOG setting? Is it getting warm? - If so ..... it is incorrectly set in the gyro ... is it smooth to operate? ...... if when in rate mode you are getting nice smooth movement in both directions .... then it should be fine .... if is it chunky..... Biff it out and invest in a decent Align DS425 ... or hunt down a good second hand DS420

Tony

Staff member
The AR6110e is more of a park flier Rx and has a limited range. I would get the AR6210 with the satellite Rx. Full range and better for a heli where it's close to the electronics.

auctioneer

Well I had a nice guy send me a clone rx. I tried it today and same thing. so I called horizon hobby and over phone it checks out to be bad potentiometer on the tx.
while we were checking it, the throttle started acting up to. HH quote me about $60. to repair it because it doesn't fall under recall.
So here I sit thinking of riping it apart and see if I can check the pots. or was wordering if the dx5 gimbals are the same and if so just pick up a cheap dx5 and switch gimbals.. Or just buy a clone tx.
thanks
allen

Westy

LEGEND
you can try and pull it apart .....

you can actually de-solder the Pots (if you have the skills) strip the pots down and put tension on the wiper arms ..... and put it all back together .... put sounds like a Bin job to me. My time to to valuable wasting it like that :) Each to thier own though.

You can get some excellent condition DX7s unit around now for around $180 - 200 some only 2 months old.....

Heres one .... make him an offer $200

Here is a BRand new DX6i never used $115

Here is another DX7s hardly used $180

This guy wants 2 much ... offer him $90

Here is yet another Dx7s $200 shipped

Here is a DX6i $90 bucks offer him $70

Here is a BNIB Dx6i $125 Shipped Offer him $110

Last edited:

auctioneer

I took it apart today and followed a suggestion from another forum and it worked.
after putting radio back together finishing the ail pot I did the calibration and ail works good.
but now the throttle pot is acting up so I will drive in to radio to see if I can fix that pot.

westy I know what you mean by buying another radio which I would if I could afford it.
I been out of work since may 3, and state as not send any disability money yet.

Top Bottom