Spektrum Dx6 rf pid er

murankar

Staff member
Okay so I was doing some work on a heli and now my radio wont bind. SO i did some googling and found out that if your DX6 has this RF PID ER entry under the version option then your radio is defective. I also found that this is a common issue on earlier radios. I am not sure when mine was made since I bought it in march and was a display model. If anyone out there knows of this or how to fix it then let me know. I emailed HH tech support so I am waiting to here back.

murankar

Staff member
So here is what I found.
Okay so if your radio does not light up the logo then you have issues. With the dx6 that was made in 2014 you will have issues. What to look for is rf pid "version". If you have anything lower than 1.8 then you will more than likely have issues and should turn it In for repair. The first image is the logo does not lighting up. This means the radio is not transmitting.

IMAG0050.jpg

This image shows what happens if the 1.7 version goes bad.

IMAG0051.jpg

If you want to know if you need the update look under your version. Go to the serial number and click the version number. If your rf pid is less than 1.8 then you should consider sending it in.

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
So The radio is done and about to be returned with in the next few days. What was done was that the RX module had to be replaced from how I under stand it.

Now when I sent it in I also bought the return shipping from UPS. I asked the question: "how long should it take to get there?" I was told about 2 days. SO I then asked if it would make a difference if I should upgrade to any other deal and was told no, because it would not take that long to ship. So I got standard shipping. Now the confusion was on my work order I checked the shipping box and for got to uncheck it. SO I called back and told them to use the shipping I sent with the radio. I should have it back by wednesday. On that day the Blade 180CFX will get maidened and the sim will get setup.

murankar

Staff member
My radio is in the mail back to me. The issue was more than a firmware update. The rf module was replaced, they also tested range and signal strength along with updating the radio and voice alerts. Should have it back by Thursday.

NordCelt

Good luck with the repair job, simple fix for them so all should be well. The new Spektrum tx'ers are a nice upgrade. I needed an extra channel to operate a camera gimbal on my quad so bought the new dx7. I really like the new transmitters. Been taking advantage of the telemetry feature to monitor the battery instead of time flights on a few of my models.

Top Bottom