Other DX5e servo revercing switches

chevell69

Banned
I have a used DX5e and it has intmenting problem with the SERVO REVERCING SWITCH SOME TIMES IT WILL WORK SOME TIMES IT WONT I HAVE A FEELING THAT IT COULD BE A COLD SOLDER JOINT OR A SWITCH THAT IS GOING BAD OR JUST NEEDS TO BE BLOWN CLEAN

Tony

Staff member
IMO, I would replace that Tx with at least a DX6i. The 5e is not a computer Tx and you will be very limited with it.

murankar

Staff member
A radio that old could have a bad switch. I have had that radio in the past. I dont even look at it anymore. If you decide on a new radio then a DX6 would be my suggestion. I would like to say go with a DX7 or DX9 just for future proofing. Even a Blade 180CFX has benefits with a DX7 or DX9.

chevell69

Banned
well guys if u forget i dont have alot of money to get a new tx i only get 730 mo to live

- - - Updated - - -

well that is the problem tony and what is holding me back from the rc airplans is the tx

Smoggie

It's ceratinly possible to fly most standard planes on a 5 channel non-computer Tx. 'Back in the day' when i started out anything more than 4 channel was a very expensive luxury, computer Tx's were unheard of, and even reversing switches hadn't made an appearance (you got left and right hand rotation servos).

So the problem can be worked around if you are determined, but all these modern features certainly make everything much easier.

murankar

Staff member
I didnt know about the finances. Then look at replacing the sliding switches with something else. That would be the cheapest route. As for a 5 channel tx, yes you can use 5 channels on planks. In fact the rc trainer would work on 5 channels. The trainer would be the biggest you could do. As long as the servo can handle the aileron surface with your servos. So when I say bigger I am basing it on servo count. You would use to servos on the wings and one for each tail surface. You could even due with out the rudder in a pinch.

murankar

Staff member
Talking for any plane not just what your flying now. If this radio ends up working for you then maybe you end up with a bunch of Dollar Tree foam board kits. It was mostly an FYI than anything.

Top Bottom