Micro dx4e and nano cpx help

airbrushjohn

horizon sent me a new mother board for the nano, i bought a new motor, tail motor, and blades.
i installed all of them at the same time, i followed this awesome example
Nano CPX main motor replacement

i rebinded it several times, and the heli runs in the inverted mode, i have to use the trainer button, for it to fly, but everything is backwards!
if i don't hold the trainer button it pushes to the floor, instead of having lift! hahahahahaha its killing me, although i can actually hover better than before,
but once i get a little out of control there is no correcting it, since everything is out of whack! any help would be greatly appreciated!!
i believe it is in computer mode, where as the dx4e is a non computer controller

airbrushjohn

here is what i found, and apparently the dx4e is a pos, but if you ever run into a problem! do this exactly!

Horizon Rep instructions for binding mCPX to DX4e
This is what the Horizon rep told me to do:

1. Connect flight battery to the heli
2. Wait for BLUE light in heli to flash
3. Go to Tx and set switches:
a. Rate to “Highâ€
b. ACT/AUX to “Offâ€
4. Press Trainer/Bind button and move left stick to left and hold both
5. Move Power switch Right to “Onâ€
6. Release Trainer/Bind Button after row of RED/GREEN lights on Tx blinks twice but continue to hold stick to left
7. When BLUE light in heli stops flashing and is solid on release left stick.
8. THE HELI IS NOW FULLY ARMED FOR FLIGHT WITH NO DAMPINING OF THE CONTROLS. MOVING THE THROTTLE STICK FORWARD/UP WILL START THE TAIL MOTOR FIRST THEN THE MAIN MOTOR. BE CAREFUL IT IS NOW A LITTLE WASP AND CAN STING!!
9. Suggest switching the Rate switch to “Low†before flying initially. This will dampen the controls a bit for newbies.
10. Briefly press Trainer/Bind button to make blue light in heli flash indicating Throttle Hold is activated. Use this button to kill motor, Throttle Hold, when heli in danger of crashing or hitting someone.
11. To get out of Throttle Hold press Trainer/Bind Button 3 times quickly
12. To put heli in Governor Mode or idle up 1 flip ACT/AUX to “Onâ€. USE THIS SETTING ONLY FOR INVERTED FLIGHT

I had this problem... I followed the binding protocal in the manual and it worked for the DX4... Give it another try... I would definitely recommend the DX6I... I got one and use it for all my helis. You can get good settings from some of these dudes on this forum.

Top Bottom