Dust Devil In Amarillo

Tony

Staff member
Just pulled into my parking spot and looked out the windshield to catch this. Thought I would put it on video for you all. Saw one about 50 miles down the road from here that was much more impressive.

https://youtu.be/vLoggy6aL0E

RandyDSok

Gotta love the dust devils....

... I still think... get the sailplane out when I see them though :)

Tony

Staff member
The one that I saw earlier in the day was a perfect stove pipe and the dirt went up about 400' into the air in a perfectly straight stove pipe. Never seen one that pronounced in my life. This one was visible in the air, but not enough to be caught on camera. And yes, this one looked like it tightened up right before going through the buildings.

Tony

Staff member
Drive out to Panhandle Tx in the summer when it's 100 outside lol. You will see them all over the place lmao.

trainrider06

I have been through there during that time and it ain't no fun, ain't nothing to look at, and the road seems to go on and on and on! You should stop in and visit the wonderful town of Dumus TX....what a great city.....NOT!

Tony

Staff member
Been there a few times lol. No intention of going back. Even though it's only about 30 miles north of me lmao. You should try Booker, Pampa or Perryton sometime lmao. Holes in the planet.

trainrider06

All of those places up in the panhandle are deadsville!
The country although flat as a pancake is still better to look at than the scrub land down around Midland Odessa....that is some butt ugly country there!

Top Bottom