Dumb, dumb, and even dumber than him

treff

What happens when you spend the day on a repair. Remove the head twice, install brand new tail blades at a price that would set your
wallet on fire. Took the boom apart and found poorly fitted dampers on the torque tube. Change the bevel gear so it now runs real smooth.
What happens if you remove the main blades take the heli out side and spin her up to check for vibes. I'll tell you what happens you apply
more throttle and a little rudder by mistake I'll tell you what happens the tail suddenly breaks away, the heli spins and those brand new tail blades slash through your trousers and gash your legs
and then they disintegrate along with the bevel gear. What a stupid plonker I am. Of course the heli will spin. I was so close to putting the hammer through it you will
never know. Even now I am so tempted to drop it all in the bin and get on with my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

pvolcko

! Holy cow. Are you okay? Have to get stitches?

And again the bevel gear goes bye bye. I gotta tell ya. I'd be finding a buyer for that thing and getting rid of it at this point. Buy a nice, easy, bullet proof TRex.

Lee

Treff mate, what are you like.
I think something else needs to be hit over the head with a hammer :)
Check for vibes with NO blades on main, or tail.
Don't make me come over there. LOL :D

treff

I know, I know. Still can't believe I did it. Should have had a couple of stitches but superglue and good plasters lol. I could kick myself for being so bloody, not thats not the word
I was bloody, I could just kick myself. Those bevel gears will not take any form of hit being metal against plastic. It was running so smoothly, oh well, tail blades are ordered and a
new first aid kit lol. I have been looking at the Warp 550, love the belt drive and it flies like a dream on my flight sim.........................................oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas
tree how lovely are your branches.......................................................and the presents underneath lol

Bloody hell Treff, hope your ok mate. Time to give up with that bird it seems like nothing but trouble man...mind you it was a foolish thing to do... I hope your not hurt too badly, can't imagine being hit by blades whether tail or main...

Take care man..

treff

Yes I think this love affair is over, we're not speaking anymore lol. It's no good when your lover tries to chop your naggers off is it.

Lee

The Compass 550 is an awesome looking bird.
As you know from my Warp 360, they are well made and strong.
Your electronics should swap over no worries. Then you can kiss good bye to that lemon of a heli.
I'm sure someone will take it , and cover a lot of the cost of the Compass 550.

Westy

LEGEND
Treff ... you sound like my mate over here on NZ ... LOL ..... he is forever smashing stuff up and getting into some crazy habits .... even after I repeatedly told him and told him ... blades of when testing for anything other than outside flights......

He has destryed so many parts on his helis and gashed both his arms.

The latest drama was 2 weeks ago he go a very tidy Trex 700 (has not even mastered his Goblin 500) and I said .... DUDE!!!!! you MUST have total respect for the big birds the bit e and bite harder than a samurai blade. So 1 weekago I get a txt saying "RIP 7TREX 700" ...... he went stupid with it ... took it out for a flight ... whacked it into Sport 2 @ 100% power and .... lost orientation when bringing it back.... Stuffed up on getting it back under control and .... it rocketed into the ground and literally exploded into a million bits and caught fire.
Funny..... he's just called me while typing this and wants buy a goblin 700 or a dominator 800 lol.......
I told him to go master his gobby 500.

treff

I knew that was my problem. I'm still struggling with Blade msrx lol. Kill a few light bulbs with that baby I can tell you. Cheers

Top Bottom