Dual 23" LED Monitors

Tony

Staff member
Oh yeah, this is what I'm talking about. I used to run a 24" and a 19" on my system until the wife needed her desktop. Then, we purchased her lappy, and I got the 19" back. Then, she took it back again lol. AND THEN my 24" caught on fire. Oh yeah, it was time for new monitors.

Newegg.com was having a sale on some LED monitors and I had to jump on it. At $150 each for 23" monitors, I ordered two. They took two days to get here, and it was worth the wait. I have them both setup on my desk, and I'm loving this. I still need to go into the monitors and setup the colors though. the black is kinda gray and almost looks washed out. But, I knew this was going to be this way when I ordered them. It's an easy fix, I just have to read the manual.

So, what is the difference in LED and LCD? Nothing but the backlight. They are still LCD on the display, but the backlights are LED and not CCFL (Cold Cathode Florescent Light). The LED monitors draw less power, and have a wider range of colors. And the best part about LED, they are thin. My TV is only 1.5" thick, and that is about the same as these monitors down at the bottom. The top half are about 3/4" thick where it's just the screen, and no boards.

So if you are thinking about upgrading your computer monitors, now is the time to do it. LED has gotten cheap. I paid $200 with a 50% discount for my 24, and I can fit two of these monitors into that one box. The 24" was huge lol. But, because the 24" was 1920x1200 and these are 1920x1080, these are actually wider than my 24". Just not as tall. I can handle that.

Tony

Staff member
Here is a screen shot of my desktop. Just for visual purposes lol. I know they look split, but that is just because of the gradient on the background. The far right side of the left monitor (main) is the one where AIM and my gadgets are sitting.

DualScreen.jpg

DualScreen.jpg

zapster

Hey i think i was chatting with you on line when the magic smoke said hi to you from your monitor.
So no thanks are needed man i know it was all because of me,i know i,m awesome !!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Now that's cool I would like to have two monitors, don't know what I would do with them. Maybe watch a movie on one. Anyway lol, what you using to run them? I'm looking for a new desktop. Something powerful enough to do video hd editing. How is your computer knowledge? I'm looking at the Dell 620 that SAM'S club has for $799.00. Let me know what you think!
Dell Inspiron 620 Desktop, Intel Core i5-2310, 1TB, 24" LCD - Sam's Club

Seams lille it will do the trick. Plus I haven't found anywhere close to that price in anything eltz!

Tony

Staff member
I am pushing the monitors with an EVGA video card with dual HDMI outputs. My knowledge is a little more than average on computers. I build my own because I can't stand all the crap companies put on them. And I use these monitors so that I can be online on one screen, and do editing or whatever on the other screen. The options are endless.

I will look at that link when I get back.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I hear you! Right know in our house we have not only this I pad, we have two laptops too. Mine is about 4 years or so old. Just prier to hdmi ports coming out. So no hd video output. My girls got a new one about 4 mts old. She has hdmi ports but no memory or big prosseser to do hd editing. I've wanted a new desktop for a few years now. Time to get one? Lol.

Tony

Staff member
Okay I just looked at the computer. The x64 os and the 8th of memory is great. The i5 CPU is also great and can be upgraded to the i7 if you need it, but I don't think you will. Of you get this computer, don't get the slim case. You will need the cooling of the larger case if you plan on rendering hd video. I would actually suggest getting an Antec 900 or other gaming case for better airflow. I have an NZXT case and love it. With my computer overclocked 1ghz over stock, I stay below 50c.

It's a good computer, bit you will have to clean it out to make it faster. I hate mcafee with a passion.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I use avg myself. After the free sub. Runs out. Lol the computer comes exhackly like shone. That is how SAM'S club buys them.

Top Bottom