Servos DS-939MG

Tony

Staff member
They are not the best option as the centering is not all that good. I had them on one of my helicopters and that thing was all over the place. But, they will work in a pinch. Just be ready for some drift.

norjul

Thank you for your reply. that might be what my trouble is. my heli is behaving badly cannot set it corectly. which servo do you recomend please. i just took a gess when i chose them.

Tony

Staff member
I have always told all members, if you are going to spend money on the helicopter, spend it on the electronics. The gyro is #1, the servos are #2. My suggestion is something like the Align DS430M is great on the cyclic. And the DS425 on the tail. Pair that with a good gyro like the AR7200BX and your helicopter will be super stable. The Ikon is also a great gyro, but both are over $200. You can pick up a 3GX really cheap now days and I have some settings in my videos to tame it down.

However, if you want to save some money on the gyro, there are some clones out there that work pretty well, but it's a must to have good servos. Clone gyros such as the ZYX do work, they just need some setup time put into them.

Top Bottom