Motors drill motor specs

grunt

Hi people , i have a black and decker 18v battery drill motor here which i took out of a drill there last week, i have looked around and cant find specs anywhere for the motor as i was goin to try pair up a esc with it,

has anyone used one of these motors in a project? or would anyone have any helpfull thoughts about this motor?

thanks

murankar

Staff member
First off you will need to know if the motor is three phase. most esc's convert power to three phase. if it is then we can figure out the power requirements.

grunt

i dont think its big enough to be three phase from what i have just checked out its usually large motors that are three phase??
this thing looks very like some rc motors ive seen, as in size. but here is a link to the drill i got the motor from, Black & Decker 18V Cordless NiCad Drill/Driver with Accessories | Canadian Tire this is the info i have to go on to match a esc i dont even know the amp rating, but im thinking since it IS a drill motor then 2 of them should have enough torque to move 20 kilos??

Tony

Staff member
Most drills out there are still run with brushes. That being said, a brushless ESC will not work. But before you can put an ESC on it, you will need to figure out how many amps this drill is pulling at full load. It may be easier to just use a mechanical speed control that works with a servo. It's crude, but it works.

Top Bottom