General Don't add up the receipts....EVER!

sarconastic

I remember back the days of RC racing and we had a rule that you never accepted a receipt form the hobby shop, they would keep it behind the counter for your, just in case the wife found it when your not looking. It was probably just as good for us not to see how much we were spending on the hobby. I got started back into in this flying hobby because of a $3.75 Trainer plane build. Just for giggles I started adding up how much I have spent and I about crapped myself. I thought since I had a lot of my old RC car racing stuff it would easily transfer over. As my wife would say that is what I get for thinking.

The only thing I have been able to use from that gear are some of the linkage for the servos. The main power supply for charging (with my NEW charger). None of my receivers or radios would work of course I knew that. but I thought my servos would, but car servos are HUGE for small planes. Speed controls are not interchangeable.. Brushless vs brushed. I figured my 13 turn mod motor would fly this plane amazingly fast at 30,000 RPM, I was again thinking wrong lol. The old 2000 Mah NimH batteries from my RC car days weight more that the entire plane with the lipo battery so those are out.

I do have to say that I did order two of a lot of things. I built two planes and hope to have both flying soon. Some I bought two of because the shipping was taking too long for me so I expressed another one here. Anyway i am now going to burn all my receipts, clear my amazon, ebay, A main hobbies purchasing list and go back to building my plane. Just got a text that the new parts are already at home waiting for me. Maybe next time I will just order that RTF bird. It would have been cheaper LOL.

Happy Flying

Woody

Top Bottom