Doing Some Rethinking

Tony

Staff member
I have been saying for a while that I wanted to jump head first into starting my business. With starting my business, it would require thousands of dollars in equipment and tools, and I'm thinking about going in a different direction.

At this time, I'm still an employee of OMD (Oklahoma Military Dept.). This is a part time position at this time, but could turn full time as soon as next year. Although this will not pay very well, the benefits are the best in the state. I would not have to pay a dime for my whole family. So, I think I'm going to keep this job just for that reason. It may not happen for another couple of years, but knowing that my family could be covered is worth it in my eyes.

The second thing that I have been thinking about is this site and all of the members here that have made it what it is today. Just yesterday, I was looking at the stats for the site, and it's starting to grow pretty well. We went from a million page requests in a couple months, to a million in a single month. I know that we can still do better, and I want to be a part of that. I love this hobby, and I love this site. For that reason, I want to find a way to keep myself in this hobby. Yesterday, I closed the thread where I was selling my Edge 540T. I really want to fly that more, and I would hate to see it go away. I have just finished my Extra 260 and I can't wait to get that one in the air. So with that said, I'm looking for any and every way to stay in this hobby.

As for the business, I'm thinking about taking it a little slower. I'm still going to get all of the licensing that I need to do everything, and that is still going to cost quite a bit. But it will pay off in the end, I just have to find the business. And that shouldn't be that hard in this day and age. I just hate the fact that I won't be able to jump into this head first. I do have a buddy that is wanting to go into this with me, and that may help in the future, but that is for later.

At this time the plan is to still get into my business, and get it started. But I'm also going to try and keep up with this site at the same time. I still do not have any plans to make anymore videos, but if I keep hearing bad info on something, I will have to make one to clear the air. And I have one in mind that I have heard in recent videos. If I decide to make it, you will know, as long as you are subscribed to me on YouTube, and most of you are. I will say this, I enjoy making the videos, they just take so long to create that I want the ones that I do make to be worth the work. It has to help out those that need it, but still has to be great for those that have been in the hobby for a while.

So in closing, I'm planning on being around here like I have been for a while. But, most of the time I will be on my phone, so chat is out. Like I said in my blog, The man should work, not just the wife. And although I have been working the whole time, there is always room for more. To me, it's amazing that a so called "man" can sit at home and make his wife work. It just blows my mind. But, some people are just punks lol. Gotta support that family.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

Whirlybird

Awe!!! Just when we thought we'd get rid of you :lol:

Hey, why not get Spielberg to do the videos for you???????

Seriously, you'll get it all sorted out :yourock:

Last edited:

zapster

Tony you got a great site here,all the work you put in to it will pay off in the end.
There are a lot of members and it can only keep growing from what you started to
a full blown force in the RC world.Just let time handle it and all will fall in to place.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Glad to see that you are going to be around. And glad to see that you are gonna keep your planes and fly them!! :)

Lee

Glad to hear it Tony. This hobby is not a race, just do what you can and want to do. The site is only a few months old and its growing well.Its gonna be a while yet before RC domination but it will come LOL

Tony

Staff member
Here is my thinking in one bag. If I invest everything and something goes wrong, then I lose everything. If I lose everything, then there will be no money coming in for the family. But, if I invest a little here, and a little there, and one of 4 ventures fails, then I still have 75% of my money to work with.

It all makes sense in my head, not that it says much lol. But, I will still be around here. I am more than likely going to order some things today and get started on one of the business'. It will just take a little time to get the stuff in. And if I do this, I will be opening the store back up.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony man you got to do what you got to do! We all stand behind you! If you need any help with the sight, let me know! I don't know how much I can do with my I pad though! Lol. We all joke around but if someone is in need that's different! Buy the way can I get my decals now? Lol

Tony

Staff member
I am talking to the wife about all of the vinyl and shirts and hats and everything else. My plotter has not moved, and it still connected to the computer. Pretty much everything that had to do with this site is the same as it was. I was just not going to be on here much. But, it seems that is going to change, and I'm going to be on here more an more over the next month or so.

I still have the decals that I made before. But as stated I can't remember the size of the ones that you wanted, and I can't find a skull design that I can cut out that is only 4". They all have way too intricate designs. So I"m thinking the skulls are out on anything less than about 6". Yes, 2" makes a world of difference. Just let me know the size and what you want them to say, and the color and we will get it worked out.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm thinking the ones you have are the right size for the superstar and the P-51. The P-51 needs to be wight. The f7f I'll have to get back to you on. Whatever window decal you have for my pick up rear window is fine. Gve me a price, I'll pay pal it to you and get on it son! Lol

Top Bottom