General Dog Fight! Me vs Seagull

mooserider

So I was flying this little Carbon Cub (eflite I think)... tiny foam/electric plane, high wing so it's not all that nimble. Just fixed it up the night before and had my wife video in case something went wrong. Anyhow, a seagull happened across my path and a quick dog fight ensued. Thought you guys might enjoy it. I use to do this with my planes when I was younger... pretty fun. If I had been flying that little biplane, I could have really given him a run for his money!

Let me just say too, I would never purposefully run into a bird... I love all animals. I just make big loops around them.

Anyhow, here you go:
RC Carbon Cub SS Vs Seagull - YouTube

mooserider

My wife was cracking me up! Afterwards, she was worried the seagull was still stressing out about it lol! I assured her that the seagull gets in more stressful situations daily... it's seagull life.

I just realized this is the first airplane video I've posted! Usually it's helicopters with issues lol!

trainrider06

Well that was some very nice Seagull tactical combat maneuvers you were doing with the plane! :)
Yeah poor Mr seagull I am sure is very much upset trying to avoid a predator bird like a hawk, and more than likely not going to live to tell its other Seagull buddies about the strange bird it encountered that day. :)

Admiral

Had similar a few years back with an eagle, my son and myself were flying RC Sailplanes in a eagles territory, it wasn't worried about my orange plane but attacked my son's white one ripping off half of the tail-plane and driving it's talons into one wing. He got it down in one piece, I think he still has the wing with the Talon damage as a trophy.

Admiral

Hi Doubting Tony, spoke to my son the wing is gone, it did happen 30 years ago! But he believes he has copies of the photo of the attack he is looking for them this weekend.

My ex-wife has my copies I'll never see them again.

Tony

Staff member
It's all good bro, just giving you a hard time. Sure would have liked to see that in person though lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have the same problem but with Hawks and blue jays attacking my helis. The Hawks will dive bomb every once in awhile but the damn bluejays are very persistent in taking down the helis. Once I see them in the area or chasing the helis I ground the heli til they leaves. I hate to hurt any animals and crashing my helis.

Top Bottom