ESC Do You Have To Set Thottle Range on Your Radio If Using A Program Card????

cantyman

Hello Guys....I just have a kwik question today....Im using a HK 30A ESC....Im having trouble with it....or atleast I think I am......at about 75% thottle it it is just lifting off...Im listening to the motor...and it doesnt seem to be growling as it should be....IM THINKING THAT THE ESC NEEDS TO BE SETUP WITH THE RADIO THOTTLE.....IM MEAN THOTTLE RANGE... this ESC is installed in a scale fuselage MD 500E... Im using a lipo 1800mAh ...3S....w/ 30A ESC...13T pinion....my motor is a Turnigy 2218-3550kv....there just dosent seem to be enough power for some reason ...can it be my power setup?...or maybe the thottle not being setup proper....I assumed that the program card takes care of all of this....Anyway....thats the question for today.....again guys....all of you reply's will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Did you set the throttle range in the esc? If not turn on your tx. Flip the. Throttle to full. Plug in the esc. Wait for the first few beeps. Drop the throttle down to idle. Wait for next few beeps. Unplug esc. Turn off tx. You should be set.

cantyman

Did you set the throttle range in the esc? If not turn on your tx. Flip the. Throttle to full. Plug in the esc. Wait for the first few beeps. Drop the throttle down to idle. Wait for next few beeps. Unplug esc. Turn off tx. You should be set.

hey thanks for your reply.....I believe so.....I used the program card....It was pretty simple to use....it didnt have anything that said thottle directly...

settings: 1. battery 2. start 3. brake 4. protection type 5. batt protect 6. rotation 7. timing

I think I have a bad ESC it seems to be missing a final tone....Ive used this ESC before......I changed it by the way...and it has a final tone .....I will check it out......maybe that was the problem.....I do appreciate your assistance......I will send you a follow up.....THANKS AGAIN

RandyDSok

A program card CAN'T set the throttle high/low end points because it has no way to know where your transmitters end points are at exactly... it must be set as it was described to you using the transmitter as you first power on the ESC. You usually only have to perform this step once.

cantyman

A program card CAN'T set the throttle high/low end points because it has no way to know where your transmitters end points are at exactly... it must be set as it was described to you using the transmitter as you first power on the ESC. You usually only have to perform this step once.

Hey man .....thanks......your input is appreciated.....

thanks again

Top Bottom