Flight Controllers DJI Naza M and the GPS module

stokke

I'm looking into building a small quad for some FPV "racing".

I see it is very popular to get the GPS combo when getting the Naza-M. But would you really need the features provided by the GPS when you just want to race around? I will not be using this for aerial photography, so do I really need it?

Stambo

Get a naze32.
Cheaper and much lighter.
Also much more configurable.
They fly awesome.

stokke

Get a naze32.
Cheaper and much lighter.
Also much more configurable.
They fly awesome.

Thanks for the reply.
But is it as easy to configure as the Naza?

- - - Updated - - -

Just googled it. This thing does not look easy LOL :D ???

55819_1_m.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you plug in the ESC leads? :D :D ???

cn63bug

With this board, you would have to populate the board with header pins so you could plug in your esc's :)

Stambo

It looks more daunting than it is.
You do need some soldering skills though, the ones I got had straight and angled header pins so you could decide which ones you want.
They will fly quite well on a mini straight out of the box.
Besides the soldering, if you can hook up a Naza, you can hook up one of these.
For a miniquad you don't need the full Naze32 just the acro version with no compass or baro.
If you have a CPPM capable receiver you only need 1 cable from the Naze32 to the rx.

If you are nervous about the soldering, a local electronics tech should be able to help you.
Takes less than 10 minutes for me so a pro should do even better.

Tasajara

If you don't want to have to solder the pins you can go with a Flip32 and pick what type pins you want to have. Like straight or Right angle.
they have a menu of the options below the the board detail. It cost $6 more for them to install the pins before shipping.
That's why I just solder them myself.... But either way the 32bit control boards are the way to go on a mini quad., Naze32 or Flip32
I have a few pics of my config screens of my settings I can post, but as Stambo said they fly pretty good right out of the box.

They also have a 5 video links on how to do a full setup of the Flip32+ from start to finish.
This is very help full for first timers. It is on the order page of the Flip32

Last edited:

Stambo

Lol I think if you are in this hobby soldering is something you should learn. :)
There are lots of tutorials out there and you can start by stripping boards out of old electronics to practice on.
The most important thing is the right tool for the job.
You need a fine tip for a circuit board and once you try it and find how easy it is you wonder what you were afraid of. :)
I don't have a fancy temperature controlled iron as I already had a fine tip for small jobs and a heavier one for the big stuff.

Lee

I have been using the Open Pilot CC3D boards on all my Multis. Last week Hobby King started selling them, and the price is really good.
Openpilot CC3D Flight Controller With Cable Set Fully Authorized
The Ground Station software is second to none.
Super easy to set up with the step by step instructions. And they have a really great forum, for any help.
They also have a new board called the Atom. Its exactly the same as the CC3D, but reduce in size by half. Perfect for the mini quads.

Down load the software and have a look around. A lot of it is unnecessary to get you up and flying, but as you improve, there are limitless things you can do.
OpenPilot Documentation - 01 - Documentation in English - OpenPilot Wiki

Top Bottom