Prop Discovery Trainer D/R and Expo Settings

Zadren

Hi folks, I've recently started fixed wing flying, as well as choppers and have flown my ST Discovery through about 6 batteries. It occurred to me while flying yesterday that I haven't set up any Dual Rates or Expo in my DX6i for this model.

For those that haven't seen it, the Discovery is a fairly large, foam, high-wing trainer and is electric powered.

I haven't attempted a landing yet (handing the Tx to a club member for this), but I must do this very soon so I can fly solo. Overall, my flying is described as 'very good' for someone so inexperienced, which is nice, but I know that I'm a bit ham-fisted on the controls, with the model flicking in and out of turns, dives etc.

I'm hoping that a bit of D/R and Expo will help with this, but which settings to start with - any tips before I give it a go please?

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Expo will help soften the controls on the inside of the stick movements, a good way to start experimenting with it is to start with about 15% and then work it up until it feels more comfortable. D/R can be setup so that you get less movement overall , and the same thing applies to it. Start with your normal rates and then increase or decrease them by just a little bit at a time until it's comfortable. I hope that was of some use :D - Chris

Top Bottom