450 Digital Swash Servos

Bill Huber

So I just got my new Digital Servos in the mail. They are a true digital servo which I understand means the have an operating frequency of 333 Hz. My FBL System only goes to 200 Hz for the Swash servos. So this is my question, is 333 Hz the maximum servo frequency set or the exact setting? Can I set my FBL Sys. to 200 Hz?

Does anybody know the answer to this one?

Geena

Staff member
200Hz will be fine. You can run them at a lower frequency with no problems. I ran my BK servos on BeastX, set at 200 for a couple of years with no issues, and they`re 333Hz.

Bill Huber

200Hz will be fine. You can run them at a lower frequency with no problems. I ran my BK servos on BeastX, set at 200 for a couple of years with no issues, and they`re 333Hz.
Thx. I was pretty sure that 333 Hz was max, but slower was ok, just not as responsive.
Thanks again

Smoggie

You wouldnt even notice a difference if they were set to 333Hz, 200 times a second is still very high frequency. According to Mikado who invented the FBL controller there is nothing to be gained from higher frequency, I cant say if that's 100% accurate but for sure if it does make any difference its a tiny difference.

Bill Huber

You wouldnt even notice a difference if they were set to 333Hz, 200 times a second is still very high frequency. According to Mikado who invented the FBL controller there is nothing to be gained from higher frequency, I cant say if that's 100% accurate but for sure if it does make any difference its a tiny difference.
So I could even set my frequency to as low as 50 Hz then and a beginner like me wouldn't even notice the difference? Would there be any adverse effect on the servos if I was to use that low a frequency? Is the overheating and damage only from settings too high for the servo?

Tony

Staff member
When it comes to Hz, you can always go lower, but you can never go higher. It's the Center Pulse Width that you MUST match in microseconds. Or in other words, 1520μs. If you set that at 760 (or whatever the other servo's are lol) then you can burn them up. Same the other way around as well.

Bill Huber

When it comes to Hz, you can always go lower, but you can never go higher. It's the Center Pulse Width that you MUST match in microseconds. Or in other words, 1520μs. If you set that at 760 (or whatever the other servo's are lol) then you can burn them up. Same the other way around as well.
I am using these as my swash servos. My FBL Syst doesn't require a centre pulse width to be programmed for proper operation. Actually doesn't have any way to add this step for the cyclic servos. Only my tail servo. I'm only familiar (barely) with my Microbeast X clone. Is that standard?

Tony

Staff member
When I get to talking about servos, my mind automatically goes to tail servos. Cyclic servos in a lot of cases doesn't have a center pulse width. Well, they do, you just can't change it lol.

Bill Huber

When I get to talking about servos, my mind automatically goes to tail servos. Cyclic servos in a lot of cases doesn't have a center pulse width. Well, they do, you just can't change it lol.
Ok. Thx. I'm just on the tools now, changing my servos.

Top Bottom