General DFC size?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have 3 different size DFC main shaft. Hobby king is the biggest, follow by Align and Tarot is the smallest. I would like to know if it makes a difference which one i used? I thought i had my Tarot head with Tarot DFC main shaft but somehow i was using Tarot DFC head with Align DFC main shaft. Now i know why my linkage and # weren't jiving. Once got everything zero out mid stick/+12 & -12 pitch, ect with the mix setup ... she flew fine to me anyway. So am i hurting anything switching name brand or is it fine till real parts comes in. I did buy new Align DFC main shaft instead of trying to straighten them out. Thanks for the 411 everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 3 different size DFC main shaft. Hobby king is the biggest, follow by Align and Tarot is the smallest. I would like to know if it makes a difference which one i used? I thought i had my Tarot head with Tarot DFC main shaft but somehow i was using Tarot DFC head with Align DFC main shaft. Now i know why my linkage and # weren't jiving. Once got everything zero out mid stick/+12 & -12 pitch, ect with the mix setup ... she flew fine to me anyway. So am i hurting anything switching name brand or is it fine till real parts comes in. I did buy new Align DFC main shaft instead of trying to straighten them out. Thanks for the 411 everyone.
I have Tarot 450/Dx6i/AR7200BX/CC35amp hope this helps?

Graham Lawrie

As long as it works it does not matter:) Obviously try and keep to manufacturers, but we all use different makes on our helis:) I am new to the DFC head and had an issue withthe main shaft too short. As long as the head levels, all tracking and the jesus bolts line up at both ends you will be fine:)

murankar

Staff member
What ever you used at first would be fine. If you change to a shorter main shaft then you will have to do some setup. It should not be an issue if you use a shorter shaft.

Top Bottom