450 DFC Ball Links

Ken Jackson

I can't seem to find an exploded parts view for the DFC 450 PRO that lists part numbers.

Can someone who has had a 450 DFC for a while tell me are the ball links that come in the combo set all the same. It refers to DFC ball links but I don't see any difference in what came in my kit. They all look identical to me. I know my 500 DFC links look different and are more rigid.

Ken

cml001

All the links should be the same size... I'll consult the PDF manual.. Brb

- - - Updated - - -

They are all m2x2.5.... Except the ball on the servo arms, those are m2x3.5(so u can put a nut on it)... But all balls are m2... Try'n to get the PDF out of doc to go app to post for u.. Have'n issue w it.

Ken Jackson

Thanks guys. I was actually talking about the plastic link. I did however determine that there are two styles of links. One is rounded on the bottom and the other is flat.

Ken

450 Ball Links.jpg

450 Ball Links.jpg

Ken Jackson

It seems the flat or fatter at the bottom would make the most sense to go on the DFC Links. Plus the kit came with only 4 of that style and 8 of the rounded.

Just didn't want to guess.

cml001

The one one the left... U only use 2 of them on the kit at the end of the dfc arms coming off the main grips.. The ones on the right are used everywhere else on the kit. When u replace them the printed "A" should face outward.

image.jpg

Derek

Sorry Ken! I get the terminology mixed up. When I think "ball link", I seem to automatically think "that part with the ball".

Tony

Staff member
All DFC links in which you are referring to will have the flat bottom with a collar around them. This is to provide more strength to keep it from stripping the threads.

Ken Jackson

That's how the 500 is, but I didn't see the difference until I poured everything out of all the packages.

Thanks,
Ken

How many left over screws are allowed?? Haha

Tony

Staff member
I had quite a few lol. My helicopter never fell apart, so I think I had all of them in there lmao.

Ken Jackson

I'm thinking they give you spares, LOL.

At least I hope so. Find out when I put my 450 in the air. This time with the gyro set up for being upside down. (Duh!)

Ken

Top Bottom