Other devo 8s with heli or JR xg7

taizi

my DX6i has let me down, the roller swicth board is broke and unfortunatley i cant send it to horizon to fix, so abit dissapointed but im now looking at getting a new TX

ive been looking and narrowed it down to 2 choices
1 is to buy the new JR XG7 with 3 servos for 16-1800 remin-b (chinese)
2 buy the devo 8s with a mini 3D walkera heli for 16-1900 remin-b (tx is 40$ cheaper than JR)

the JR looks really good but my problem is im worried about the roller switch like on my DX6i as i believe they may share the same chip boards which in my case i probably broke due to pressing too hard or when i moved out to china with it packed in my flight case and being put through baggage

on the flip side the devention 8s is just a little cheaper but has a really cool touch screen with buttons to back it up and all the functions the JR has with maybe the exception of the dmss system

i am learning towards getting the devo 8s and a little v120d02 3d because getting a proper sim would be real expensive as i dont have a good enough computer i can use and my laptop is a mac which doesnt run most sims etc.

does anyone know much about the devos because i seen reviews and it looks really good for the money but would like to know about how it performs over a time period

thanks for reading
paul

Tony

Staff member
One thing you need to remember is the JR XG7 runs on the DMSS spektrum and is NOT compatible with anything that runs DSM2 or DSMX. this means NOTHING that is BNF will work with this Tx.

Lee

Ok first off . If its just the switch thats broken, you can buy a replacement HERE And theres a video on how to do it.
As for which of the two, I have no experience of either. So just from an outsiders perspective, the Devo has good reviews but it's the new kid on the block, whereas the JR is very established and has a good reputation.
And if you want a sim for MAC, use Heli-X its what i use, and it works great. Its only 49 euros.
Hope this helps

taizi

yep as usual that does help thanks

i have tried east rc for the bit i need but they said they dont do it, it seems the same everywhere, i keep getting told that the parts not availible so im just slapping my forehead and crying because i can see how easy it is to replace, and i need a working tx asap because both my belt CP and 250 are on my DX6i meaning i still havent got the 250 in the air since i fitted new servos and flybarless system as i cant acess the options
the other thing is that out here in the land of cheap goods, is that the DX6i is only 500rmb (less than 50$) so the switch works out more than a new TX

looks like i may take a chance with the devo and get the mini cp heli with it, i have a 3 hour lunch break at school so can get lots of practice in the hall

i might check out the heli-x sim just have to clear the crap of the laptop, i have an esky sim and it is rubbish , the sim i have on my phone is way better

thanks for the advice guys
regards

paul

Top Bottom