Other Devo 7 'Pitch' Curve Values

TimD

Hi, i have a Walkera devo 7 tx ,the pitch curve 'values' are -16 to +55, ...'minus' or 'plus' values are not shown in the 'youtube' videos for the radio, Most of the videos are for 'Spectrum' radios, (which do not show 'minus' or 'plus' vales)....:confused-new: Can you please explain were the 'minus' and 'plus' values go? for the 'pitch' curve! Thanks!

Lee

To set the pitch curve values, go to the PTCRV menu in your radio.
All the instructions are on page 29 of the manual.
http://www.personal-drones.net/uploaded_files/DEVO7_EM.pdf

Why are the settings -16 to +55?
Is this the default of the radio, or did you put that in yourself?
The pitch curve will depend on the set up of your helicopter.
What helis is it? Did you build it yourself?
Try to give as much detail as you can, to give us some help.

TimD

Hi, those are the default settings ( from the manual ) for the v450do3 flybarless heli,..I bought the RTF Combo...( everything setup at factory )... my question about the pitch curve was from watching the videos and why the pitch curve setups on the ( Spectrum Radios ) did not show any 'minus' values! and that was for FBL and FB helicopters. I do have a hk450 kit I have built and the videos for that model shows the pitch curve values all + values... Don't I need - values to fly inverted in the pitch curve? Thanks!

murankar

Staff member
Negative pitch curves is radio dependant. Some radios 0 is negative pitch 50 is zero pitch and 100 is full positive. On the th9x on er9x you would have -100 for negative pitch 0 for zero pitch and 100 for positive pitch. I DX6 (not 6i) has a zero to 100 scale.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Ok so as Matthias said, you need to know the curve range of the radio.
Whatever it is, take the mid point as being 0º pitch, Highest value is full positive, lowest value full negative.
To set up the helicopter correctly, you will need a linear pitch curve, increasing from lowest to highest value in a straight line.
Now you can set up the pitch of your blades.
If its possible, I would set up a new model in the radio, so you don't need to worry about the settings of your old helicopter being changed.
First is to set 0º pitch at centre stick.
Then positive, and negative pitch, at full and low stick.

Let us know how you get on, and if you need any more help.

TimD

OK! That helps a lot! i'll try that.:joyous:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! that helps a lot!:joyous:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I understand it now!:joyous:

Top Bottom