Motors Detrum 70mm EDF Power Combo

Derek

I read a really nice review of a plane that was powered by an EDF. I've been fascinated by EDF's for quite some time but I never ran with the idea. Well, I saw the price tag on the plane that was in that particular review and quickly realized that I'll never have that plane, lol. Then arises the question that makes my insurance rates go up...."How can I build that plane?"

So...I'm looking at this:

Detrum 70mm EDF power combo set (70mm EDF+60A ESC+4pcs 9g servos+KV3000 brushless motor)

Actually, I'm thinking about two of these EDF combo's, lol. Overkill? Probably!

I was looking at the specs for this combo and I didn't see where it said what size lipo's to use with the 3000kv motor's. I did read the reviews and the people that left reviews were using 4S and 5S setups. Is 4S the smallest that should be run with the 3000kv motor? How many mAh? Can it be done with 3S? Can it be done with 6S? I'm just asking the last two questions because I only have 3 cell and 6 cell lipos here.

Any thoughts?

Tony

Staff member
I would run it on 4s, but if you are feeling lucky, 5s. I however would not run it higher than that. I know you have some 6s batteries, but I think you are just asking for magic smoke by doing so. only one way to find out though. Record every spool-up hehe. That is a pretty good price for them though. I'm thinking about getting one and testing it out with my 4s packs.

Derek

Thanks Tony! I may have to invest in a pair of 4S lipos, then. Maybe look into getting some 3000mAh so that I have the option to go with 10S on my Albatross by running the 6S and 4S in series.

As far as the price...I thought it was pretty fair, too, considering you get an ESC and servo's, too.

Top Bottom