Projects Derek's EA Delta Wing with 2200kv motor

Derek

So, I've been a bit fan of the ExperimentalAirlines "Delta Wing" for a long time. I have flown my current Delta Wing with a 1500kv motor and 8x4 prop and an 8x6 prop. Both setups work very well. The 8x6 prop is my favorite. I've decided to build another wing and use the same motor that is on my motor glider. The 2200kv motor works very well on my motor glider with a 7x4 prop but my motor glider weighs more than 4 times as much as this Delta Wing. Check out the video to see what happens on this maiden flight

EA Delta Wing Maiden flight, 2200kv motor and 6x4 prop - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Pitching like that is indicative of being tail heavy. Slide that battery forward next time and you should be a lot more stable.

Derek

I built this plane just like my other one and the cg falls in at 7" behind the leading edge. I have a reference line on the plane at 7" behind the leading edge. I actually don't remember if I actually checked if the cg was correct when we were at the field. I'll order a new ESC for this plane and I'll pay more attention to the cg and make sure that it does balance, like my other one does.

Thanks Tony!

Tony

Staff member
I have a 40a that I will sell. If you don't need one that big, I'm sure I can come up with a 30a as well.

As for the CoG, all I know is, pitching like that is definately tail heavy. That or your throws were way too high and you need to dial in a lot of DR and a LOT of expo.

Derek

I have a 40amp speed controller on this plane. It's what is recommended for this motor. How much would you need for your 40amp esc?

I did dial down the DR's and added 10% more expo to the elevator for the second attempt, before it smacked the ground, lol. I'll get it repaired and recheck the cg point to make sure that it balances, like my other one does. I haven't given up on this one. Not at all! I wanna see what this setup will do on this little plane.

Top Bottom