General Decent TX/RX

Heli 66

Looking for a Decent Tx/Rx at a good price (no Spektrum), just looking for suggestions any of you guys may have had experience with. i have a Thunder Tiger Rapter 50. Fed up with the DX6i.

cml001

Well.. Spekrum is what I use.. No issues.. Got some buddy's on futaba.. I think they r bit more expensive tho.. Really not sure.. I have a DX6i & a DX9.. Any reason ur opting for something different?

Heli 66

I have already had to send it in for repair once due to having no throttle response, got it back and worked fine, checking blade pitches today and the same thing happened, no throttle and when i go to full throttle all i get is a little bit of servo twitching so i'm fed up with it. Never even flown my bird with it, basically brand new

cml001

Ask for a replacement... That doesn't sound common. I have no experience with any other rx to refer u to. Wish I could have been of more help.

Derek

I would think that Horizon Hobby would be willing to replace it. However, if you are set on replacing it, I have some youtube buddies are are using FrySky and the Turnigy 9xr and they are all real happy with them. Both are reasonably priced, too.

Heli 66

not under warranty anymore, i don't know if mine was part of that recall or not but i wish they would replace it instead of repairing it, i would have more faith in a replaced one versus a repaired one so its probabally cheaper for me to send in for repair,i just dont want to get it back and get in the air and it do it again while in the air.

Last edited:

Heli 66

I think i will send in for repair, just having to do it twice leaves me a little apprehensive. Thanks for everyones input

cml001

If the issue is the same as the previous repair, and that one was in the warranty period.. It may still be covered even though it's now out of warranty... Get horizon/spektrum on the phone and see what they say.. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly they have the best customer service in the hobby.. That I have experienced anyway. Let us know how it turns out!

Lee

I know many people that have sent products back to HH out of warrantee and got them replaced no questions ask.
I'm sure they will sort you out.

murankar

Staff member
If your going to spend that kind of money on a tx i would go straight to the T10J. It has an s-bus program port built in to the back of the radio. You also get 2 extra channels for what ever you want.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Barge

If your going to spend that kind of money on a tx i would go straight to the T10J. It has an s-bus program port built in to the back of the radio. You also get 2 extra channels for what ever you want.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

The T8FG has a total of 14 channels, 2 are digital.

Heli 66

Sent The TX in And HH Repaired it and it is on it's way back to me, They did not charged me for repair ( not under warranty) but they did not say what was wrong with it or what they did to repair it. So my Question is , Why would it all of a sudden just not Have any Throttle Control or Pitch Control ( nobody else ever have this Problem)?. It's really gonna suck if i get in the air and all of a sudden lose Throttle and pitch control. I bought my Heli in 2012 with no radio so i got the DX6i put all the settings in and was learning to hover and had a small crash due to Chopsticking so while saving up funds for repair i was on my Sim one day and thats when radio took a crap on me,so i sent it in for repair and got it back and it worked fine on Sim. Finally got $$$ for repairs for Heli last month and while checking everything over and making sure blade pitches were correct Radio just stopped having Throttle and pitch control. so Radio is basically brand new. Sorry for being longwinded but i just thought i would give the full story. I'm just afraid it's gonna happen when actually get to fly. No one else ever have this problem.???? I really can't afford another radio at this time. Thanks for reading my rant:waa:

Top Bottom