Prop Decent receiver

Rikrik51

Hi folks need a receiver to put in a pnp foamie warbird ie hobbyking 1.1 m span or similar any ideas ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Rick

Geena

Staff member
What brand of transmitter do you have? If you don`t have a transmitter yet, a Spektrum DX6 with an AR610 receiver would be a good choice.

Rikrik51

I guess it will have to be dsmx to be legal in uk which seem to be more expensive than dsm2 ,am i right in saying my old dx6 will work on both but my new dx9 has to be dsmx,incidentally I am buggered if i know what the difference is,maybe digital and analogue?

Tony

Staff member
DSMX is more expensive, but it is much better than DSM2. And yes, everything over there has to be DSMX since DSM2 has been banned.

Smoggie

DSM2 is only 'banned' in Europe on new transmitters for sale. You can still legally use DSM2 if you have older DSM2 equipment.

As for receivers. The Lemon Rx range in my favourite, i've used them on everything from small foamies to 700+ helis: DSMX Compatible

For the model in question I'd probably go for this one if you just want a basic 6 channel Rx: Lemon Rx DSMX Compatible 6-Channel Receiver with Diversity Antenna

The Stabiliser receivers are good too, like turning down the wind: Lemon Rx DSMP/X 7-Channel (End Pin) Stabilizer PLUS with Diversity Antenna (Fully DSMX and DSM2 compatible)

Rikrik51

Actually looking for something without stabilisation coz the local flying club want me to pass the bma test without out it for solo flying rights, all though you can't fly helis there (not insured aparantly)so bit peeEd off really,nearest other club is a bit of a trail

RandyDSok

Actually looking for something without stabilisation coz the local flying club want me to pass the bma test without out it for solo flying rights, all though you can't fly helis there (not insured aparantly)so bit peeEd off really,nearest other club is a bit of a trail

Smoggie posted two links... one standard ( with diversity ) and one with stabilization .... so look at the first link he provided

Geena

Staff member
I wouldn`t try them on a helicopter It seems to me, that it would fight the FBL controller, and defeat the purpose of both.

Jimbo

Gerna, I was wondering if it was like the Spectrum receivers that have self level in them. A combo receiver/FBL.

Jim

Smoggie

As Geena said, the lemon receivers are meant for fixed wing only, not for helis. They dont have 'self levelling' type stabilisation anyway, all they have is a rate mode gyro that helps correct if the plane gets hit by a gust etc.

The standard (non-stability) Lemon receivers could be used on a heli of course. I use the Lemon satellite receivers on a few of my big helis, i prefer them to the genuine Spektrum units.

Top Bottom