Quad dead motors

AngelT

Building a HK Quadcopter, when I plug the battery, the motors do not run at all, none of them. I doubt that all ESC are out and /or all motors...the power is getting to the Rx...any ideas? Motherboard? thanks for any input..

Lee

We need a lot more info to tell you whats wrong. And pictures of the set up would be even better and video, priceless. How is the battery connected?. What distribution device are you using? have you removed the red wires from 3 of the ESC's? lots of questions, so lets try to narrow it down a bit.
Good luck
Lee

AngelT

Sorry it took so long to answer...included please find a picture of my spyder wiring (no high tech) and picture of Rx and Motherboard, In the process to replace the Rx. Please explain the removal of the 3 red wires from the ESC...Ops...unable to upload pictures...will reduce the size...

Tony

Staff member
The removal of the red wires is just that. Out of the 4 ESC's you are using, remove the center red wire from 3 of them. I would suggest undoing the clip, and putting heatshrink over them, but you can also just cut the wires if you don't plan on using the ESC's for anything else. But, if you lose a BEC in one of the ESC's you are using for power, then you will have to resolder the wire you cut.

In theory, you should not have any adverse effects using all 4 of the BEC wires. It's like wiring in parallel. But, many will tell you do to it. When I was using two or more ESC's, I never unplugged the wires and never had an issue. I will leave that one up to you lol.

Tony

Staff member
What format are they, and how big are they in physical size, and upload size?

Morelight

Fearless Freep
isn't the 404 error a file not found?? perhaps the photos aren't uploaded or linked to the forum site with the "insert image" utility. I had to muck about with it for a while to figure it out.

Lee

Tony i have tried to upload some pics too and had issue where before i didn't. In the upload file window, when i try to up load it puts an exclamation mark next to the picture. Never had a problem before???

Tony

Staff member
I didn't have any issues uploading both of these pics. One is a picture that I used a program to shrink down, and the second one is a full size 4mb file. Not sure why you guys are having issues.

Blade mCP X 005.jpgBlade mCP X 009.jpg

Blade mCP X 005.jpg

Blade mCP X 009.jpg

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Tony i have tried to upload some pics too and had issue where before i didn't. In the upload file window, when i try to up load it puts an exclamation mark next to the picture. Never had a problem before???

what Lee said is I experienced twice in the last week. too bad Tony is not having the problem in a way... its like telling your mechanic the symptoms.... then he takes it for a road test and it works perfect. those darn gremlins:yikes:

Tony

Staff member
If you guys get the error again, screen shot the monitor and post it to photobucket and put the IMG code on here. This is an issue that needs resolved. Since I can't duplicate it, then it's up to you guys. Hell, if you have to upload it via tapatalk, then do that lol

Tasajara

This may be to late to ask but just checking....
Are you getting the board to arm? The red light letting you know it is ready to run? If for some reason you are not getting it to arm Check to make sure the throttle trim is centered. If it is set to high it want arm. Also what radio are you using. I have noticed that a friend with a Spektrum radio will arm different than my Futaba. He has to move the rudder stick right I move mine left. Also all grounds will be on the outside of the board when plugging in the RX and ESC's. I have run the HK and KK boards with all the Red esc wires in place the center pins are all connected where the esc's plug in. But removing the red wire on all but 1 will give you cleaner power to the RX. Some boards will state to do it this way.

AngelT

when uploading the pics, I get a 404 error...trying to upload from my Iphone....they are 2.7 mb jpeg...
Replaced the Rx with an Spektrum Rx, it was bound and power gets to the RX...when the throtle stick is moved to the down position and to right, I get the LED on motherboard comes on...I hear to many beeps and sounds...the original motherboard was HK which I replaced with a black board...it has 6 plugs for motors...

Tony

Staff member
I am working on the upload issue. One way around it is when you click on the upload picture button, click on the bottom right where it says "Basic Uploader". That should allow you to upload the pics until I can find the reason for the upload issue. If you can't see where it says that (using the black theme), just mouse over the bottom right of the box, it's there, I promise :D

AngelT

Finally, had the motors running after a replacement of the Rx...same brand..Spektrum...althought I believe is a clone...but it works...some forums say that front and rear mots should run cw while others say they should run ccw...my configuration is a +...

Tasajara

Which way the motors run all depends on which Firmware you use. You can do the 4.7 and they will be in a different order and the way they spin up than the Min Soo Kim 2.5 on the same board.

AngelT

Finally have my quad running or so...Some forums indicate that front and rear motors should run CW...while others say it should be CCW...I think it should not matter as long as the right and left motors run opposite...another problem I have is not enough elevator...using an Spektrum Tx/Rx...

Top Bottom