Spektrum Dead Batteries

RMB677

I forgot to turn off my DX6i the other evening and when I went to use it the batteries were dead. After recharging I went to fly my 450 and things didn't seem right, red LED on the gyro, and full forward pitch when I went to spool up. I shutdown the 450 and went into the Tx, even though the model indicated the 450 the settings were for my CX3. I had to go in and redo all my settings for both helis. The worst part is I had everything trimmed out on the 450 and now I need to fine tune everything again.

Moral of the story: If your Tx batteries run down you may need to re-enter all your settings. I'm guessing that if you change batteries the same thing will happen.

Slobberdog

I take the batteries out of my tx to charge as its safer, and I dont have a problem, oh BTW I use the Dx6i

Tony

Staff member
It's supposed to, but this is not the first time I have heard of the DX6i doing this.

Is this a DSM2 or DSMX Tx?

Tony

Staff member
What he meant by that is there is a memory chip in these Tx's that is a lot like a small flash drive. It saves the information even after all power has been disconnected. Meaning, you should have been able to leave it without batteries for days, weeks, or months, and it should have held it's memory.

being DSMX, I"m not sure why it did this. All times I have heard about has been with DSM2. I would be calling horizon on this one.

Derek

I changed out the batteries in my DX6i and it retained all my settings. I dunno, maybe the low power edited some of the settings. It's hard to say. I've recently upgraded to the DX8 and it has an audible sound that goes off when the tx has left on for more than 10 minutes. Nice feature!

Top Bottom