Daytona 500 2017

Tony

Staff member
Anyone else watching the race today? I turned it on about noon and heard some things that I don't really like. But I will save that for a later post lol. Let me know if you are watching the 500 and what you think about the new way they are running the races this season.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, I'm kind of watching it between flights. I don't know... isn't it suppose to be the Daytona 500 not the Daytona 60 x 3?:dunno:

Tony

Staff member
Actually, it's the Daytona 60+60+80. And this new rule that if you take your car to the garage, you are out of the race rule is complete BS! There are a lot of good cars that have minor broken parts, but they can't replace parts anymore. You can 'fix' the car on pit road, but you are only allowed 5 minutes. This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen so far in nascar. Just dumb as hell.

Tony

Staff member
IMO, that has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst Daytona 500's I have ever watched. They got it right though on the commentary, it was definitely a wreck fest. But the rule that you can't fix your car, that is just stupid. There were quite a few good cars that had things like broken track bars or bent control arms that could have still competed well in the race and gained some points. And their thought on making better racing, add more friggin rules. It's no wonder that sport is no longer at its peak and slowly dying.

Top Bottom