Kits Day six of Telemaster build

I started out the day by epoxying wedge supports to the bottom of the horizontal stabilizer, (see picture 1). Next came the vertical stabilizer. A little minor trimming and shaping of the bottom of the stabilizer and in the channel in the horizontal stabilizer was necessary to get the vertical stabilizer to fit all the way in to the channel. If you look at picture 2 you will see brass brackets that were hand fashioned and attached to the horizontal and vertical stabilizers. These serve two purposes. One they will be used to hold the vertical square while the epoxy dries and two thin plastic coated cable will be attached to both sides to act like stabilizers. Not because it is needed but because it looks cool. Picture 3 is an overview of the fuselage. Picture 4 is me mounting the wheels on the front landing gear. The kit came with foam wheels, I assume to save weight, but I replaced them with rubber ones. Oh, in case you are wondering, my "T" shirt says, "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional".:glee:
HPIM1041.jpgHPIM1042.jpgHPIM1043.jpgHPIM1044.jpg

HPIM1041.jpg

HPIM1042.jpg

HPIM1043.jpg

HPIM1044.jpg

Tony

Staff member
It's coming together very nicely. And the saying on your shirt, COMPLETE TRUTH!!! That's why I smile every time someone calls me childish :biggrin1:

Top Bottom