Kits Day seven Telemaster nearing completion

It is now day seven and the Telemaster is nearing completion. The rudder was mounted and the linkage connected. The tail wheel was epoxied and screwed in place. Remember those support wires I mentioned in my last post? You can see them in pictures 1 & 2. The prop was balanced and installed as was the exhaust defector, (see pictures 3 & 4). All seven servos were connected to the 6 channel receiver and we began to mechanically adjust the controls. My DX5e Spektrum TX is non computerized so I had to adjustment them the old fashioned way. Only a few more things to do and she will be ready for her maiden flight. :glee:
HPIM1045.jpgHPIM1046.jpgHPIM1047.jpgHPIM1048.jpg

HPIM1045.jpg

HPIM1046.jpg

HPIM1047.jpg

HPIM1048.jpg

Derek

Very very nice, grampa!!! I'll be watching for more from you and this Telemaster. Keep up the good work!!!

Tony

Staff member
I see you are running the master airscrew and not a wooden prop. Interesting. I like those supports on the tail. Should add a lot of stability to the airframe in flight.

It's almost there.

I chose the composite prop because I had heard several long time RC pilots say that wooden props can and do crack and have a nasty habit of coming apart at the wrong time. Weather that is true or not I didn't want to take the chance.

I'm looking for the maiden to happen next Tuesday. We have rain in the forecast for the next several days. We have a small group of RC pilots that fly every Tuesday at the local municipal airport.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like the looks of the wooden props but with me just starting out in the hobby I didn't want to risk anything or anyone. The Airscrew props came highly recommended and I got three of them for free. Can't beat that. I like free. The build has cost me right at $700.00.

Tony

Staff member
$700 for a nitro plane that is that large and will fly as good as any of them? that is a great price! And I understand about the prop. Just remember, if the motor goes out, if you are just slightly nose heavy, as it should be, that thing will almost land it's self hands off. I love the Telemasters. And Tuesday, wow! that's fast!

Top Bottom