Kits Day "One" of my Telemaster build

Day "One" was devoted to preparing the fuse for the installation of the OS46 glow motor. Now if I were going to use an electric motor it would have been a snap as everything was in place, in this ARF, to simply bolt the motor in place and run the wires. Unfortunately I had to tear all that structure out to re-enforce the firewall for the glow engine. Eventually some of the engine compartment will have to be removed as well to accommodation the motor. I thinned down some 30 minute epoxy with a tad bit of denatured alcohol and painted the inside of the engine compartment to seal the wood. The only disappointment I have found with the kit is the foam wheels. This kit gets a thumbs up from me.:encouragement:

Tony

Staff member
Yours came with wheels? Mine didn't lol. Sounds like you have it braced up pretty well with the epoxy.

Toni your kit is a full blow kit. Mine is an ARF. I was originally going to build a Telemaster Senior from a kit but I would have had to buy all the tools necessary to do the build, not to mention all the time investment involved. I am getting a lot of help and support from my mentor. His name is Bruce Harlow and I think he is the Executive Vice President for the local chapter of AMA.

Tony

Staff member
well tell Bruce to sign up and introduce himself lol. And I see what yo uare saying. Pretty much, your plane is already glued together, you just have to attach other smaller items such at the tail feathers and such, right? And my telemaster is the mini kit, only 48" wing or something like that. Purchased from the manufacturer before they quit selling them. Sad day when they stopped.

Tony

Staff member
That is correct. Aero Craft Rc is the company that makes the Telemaster and is who I got it from. If they still sold it, I would get another one. Hobby Lobby inflates the price WAY over what it should be for what it is. However, the ARF's I feel are right in line with the pricing. Can't wait to see what you think of this kit. It's the first build I have followed of the ARF kits. And if you can, post some pics and vids of the build once in a while. It would be nice to follow it that way.

Tony

Staff member
Before you click the upload button to open the upload manager, put your cursor in the position where you want the pictures. After you upload them, they will show up at the bottom of the uploader, and if you click "InLine" on the lower right, it will put your pictures inline with the thread where your cursor is. The other way is like you did above where all of them will be in an attached thumbnails box. Either way, the pictures will show up in the reply. Can't wait to see it.

Derek

I'm excited to see the Telemaster progress, too! Those are just awesome looking planes.

Top Bottom