Kits Day four of the Telemaster build.

Day four was dedicated to installing the OS46 engine along with the servos and control horns on the wings. The 6ft. Telemaster ARF came designed, from the factory, to be powered by an electric motor but I elected to use an OS46 instead. This required some modifications to the engine compartment. You can see these "roughed in" modifications in the first and last photos below. When they built each wing they included a string inside each wing to aid in pulling the servo wires through. It would have been nice if they had taped the string ends to the outside of the wing. After a bit of fishing for the string I gave up and used a nut tied to the end of another string to to drop though the ribs. This worked out much better. I have included some photos below.

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That is starting to look really good. the only thing I would have done different is I would have mounted the engine up side down to keep from cutting the cowl. But, to each his own on that one. No matter what, it looks great. Coming along quite nicely.

As for that string, it's supposed to be taped to the wing, but they do it with masking tape and it falls off quite easily.

At my age and physical condition I have trouble getting up and down. We mounted it right side up so it would make it easier for me to tune the engine and what ever I need to adjust. I must say that I am having a lot of fun with this build.

Top Bottom