ESC Damage to Heli ??????

Hi everyone,

In the quest for more knowledge on the CP helicopter I did some reading on ESC and programming. Afterwards I checked my helicopter and noticed that I have been running the heli with the ESC not programmed. I never thought of checking the program setup for the ESC when I got the helicopter (already built and slightly used) I have maintained a great friendship with the guy that I got the heli from and I believe that he had the ESC programmed so maybe there is something that i did to un-program it???

When I say not programmed what I am referring to is when the ESC would initialize it would beep once all the way down..

I have now programmed the ESC as per the Align 250 pro DFC manual says and I notice a huge difference.

My question is, could I of hurt my motor or shortened the life span of the motor by this??

Everything seems fine with the heli right now but I am curious if I have caused any unforeseen damage?

As always thank you for your comments..

Tony

Staff member
You should be just fine. Really the only thing that can hurt the motor is if you were running too high of a timing, but then, it would shut the system down before any damage occurred. Other than that, you just have brake on/off, start up speed and lipo cut off voltage. Nothing that will hurt the motor. Again, you should be fine.

I generally leave the Esc in the default mode and have had no trouble as yet, I am of the firm opinion that if it works , leave it alone, I set up some HK ones in the `soft start` mode and it didn`t make much difference so don`t bother anymore, obviously ppl with more sophisticated gear might not agree but so far I`ve not had any problems

Top Bottom