General Da 32 Ignition

gpace

I have an older version DA 32 and the ignition calls for 4.8 ~ 6v. I have a 5 Cell 6V / 6 Volt 1600mAh NiMH Hump Receiver Battery Pack that I'd like to use if it'll work. The servos I have call for 4.8 volts. Can I use it to power the ignition and servos by stepping it down to that voltage? If so, how would I do that? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
You can use that pack to power everything, but quite honestly, you can get a LiFe pack which is 6.6 volts and made for this. From there you can use a DC-DC stepdown converter to get the voltage you are looking for.

Actually, you can just use a BEC to do this lmao. I'm overcomplicating things again hahaha. Below is a link to the 10a Castle BEC that should work perfectly. Just make sure that ignition box doesn't require more power than 10 amps.

Castle Creations 10 Amp Adjustable BEC [CSE010-0004-00] | Cars & Trucks

gpace

I have an older version DA 32 and the ignition calls for 4.8 ~ 6v. I have a 5 Cell 6V / 6 Volt 1600mAh NiMH Hump Receiver Battery Pack that I'd like to use if it'll work. The servos I have call for 4.8 volts. Can I use it to power the ignition and servos by stepping it down to that voltage? If so, how would I do that? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
You can use that pack to power everything, but quite honestly, you can get a LiFe pack which is 6.6 volts and made for this. From there you can use a DC-DC stepdown converter to get the voltage you are looking for.

Actually, you can just use a BEC to do this lmao. I'm overcomplicating things again hahaha. Below is a link to the 10a Castle BEC that should work perfectly. Just make sure that ignition box doesn't require more power than 10 amps.

Castle Creations 10 Amp Adjustable BEC [CSE010-0004-00] | Cars & Trucks

Top Bottom