Other D8R - ll pluss

have a flysky fs-th9x with the frsky djt telemetry module and frsky fld-02 and the d8r-11plus im runnig off a 2s 1000mah 7.4v lipo and when i power it up the fld-02 is showing 5.0 and 1.6 can someone explain to me what i'm doing wrong and what i need to do to get the wright reading of voltage can't figure it out all input would be appreciated

murankar

Staff member
Does the monitor run off its own power or the power provided by the tx module?

If its provided by the tx module then your monitor will show a regulated 5.0v since that is What the tx provides. As for the other number not sure what it could be.

Since the monitor is for telemetry it could be showing the flight pack voltage or it could be showing the voltage of the tx pack. I do not have the monitor but I have the tx module and rx.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

I don't have this system, but this is what I read.
It may help jog something.

Note: Make sure the battery voltage division ratios are programmed in accordance with those of connected battery voltage sensors.

Check Screen-3:
Total Voltage
Voltage for each cell
What does this screen tell you?

Give us some more details of your set up, or take some pictures to show us what we are looking at.
Hope this helps.

it runs off the power provided for the tx module now this is what i read on hobbyking fourum someone on there said
Assuming you have a telemetry capable FrSky Tx, there is nothing extra that you need to connect to the Rx. to monitor your pack voltage. Hook it up exactly the same way you would connect up a non-telemetry Rx. Pack voltage and RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication) are built in to the Rx. If you are using a module based transmitter you can add the FrSky FLD-02 screen to your Tx to see the actual pack voltage and signal strength numbers .

now i did that and like i said i'm getting 5.0 i know thats the module voltage from tx .
but the 1.6 actually i discharge the 2s 1000mah 7.4v lipo and balance charged it backup got a reading on the fld-02 monitor of 2.3 wich i should be getting a reading of something like 8.40v

Lee

Have you checked the battery with a separate meter?
Just making sure the battery is ok in the first place.
Can't be much more help I'm afraid.

yes i checked the battery is fine the cells are fine like i said i'm getting a reading of 8.40 and cell #1 is 4.20 cell#2 is 4.19 it's just that iread you can get the voltage pack reading with that rx without having any sensors installed as long as you have a monitor to read it . i have the smart port voltage sensor i just have to order the hub for it. i all so thought that this was a common problem being alot of people have telematry these days .
thanks for your help anyway well appreceated i'll figure something out just racking my brains a little bit

Top Bottom