General D/R and Expo

Adam

So i rebuilt my servo on the Trex fine tuned my setup Did all settings on the 3gx. Sorry no video but it hovers and flies beutiful there will be a video tomorow cause it was too dark to record. The question i have is the cyclic controls are really touchy compared to my hk450gt. My hk has analog cheap servos and the Trex is digital align servos. So what should i set my d/r to on my tx

murankar

Staff member
That's to be expected digital servos respond better. Increase your d/r by 5 and try again. Continue this till it feels right for you.

Adam

So i have 100 + 30 through the switch i have 70+30 So what setting do i want lol and thanks for tuning in. I can control it no problem it is just really touchy and i am not comfortable with it that way lol. I will be used to it after more test flights it is just blowing my mind how it responds to my inputs it is just awesome.

Tony

Staff member
Go with 70 35 for low and 100 45 for high.

I agree with all of that except for what I highlighted in red. The more throw you have, the more expo you should use. It will be about the same feel at the beginning stick movements, but you will still have more throw at the far stick movements.

Don't forget, there is a DR/EXPO adjustment in teh gyro settings as well. If you keep it on 100% in the gyro, then you can use your settings on the Tx. But if you change them in the gyro, then you will want 100% 0 on the DR/EXPO in the Tx.

Adam

I will have to look into that I did do flight settings in the 3gx parameter and put them all at about 50%. if swash dampening would be that area then yes I did but I will have to check on it. there will be a maiden tonight tho for sure the weather is perfect. I'm probably gonna do three bats if she's ready.

Top Bottom