Projects custom heli

I have been planning on building a custom aircraft.When i said custom i mean custom.It will be a aircraft that has not been done before.I will be a VERY hard build to make.I have been thinking of doing this build since i got into rc's.THis build is going to take a LONG time to make, basicly because it is still in the planning stage.It will be ether in the 500 class or the 700 class.Now i have heard for lots of ppeople that this build cant be done, it is to hard to do.When i hear things like that , that givs me the need to make it even more.Now dont laugh, but the aircraft that im going to be making is going to be a transformer type of aircraft.Like i said it has never been done before and yes it will be hard to do ,but not inpossible.(nothing is inpossible)
The planning part of it right now is how im going to get the motor and servo's to work together in a way that it will do the transform and lock and fly.Of course the frame of the aircraft is going to be a total custom

I guess you can say it will be a hobby that i can do during the winter months that you cant fly

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I moved this thread over here ... heck, I even created a new forum for it! I think it will be better served here than in the News & Announcements section. I think it is a great idea if you can make it work. Definitely looks like it will be a ton of fun to try and make happen. If you can, explain to us a little more about your ideas ... we'd like to hear about it. Maybe we can help you along a little to (especially in the encouragement department!). Keep us abreast of your achievements.

You are wanting more info.?I put it here for ppl to see the idea, but if you want more info and more updates i will be happy to give it.I just thought that ppl whould just read it and nothing more, but it is all cool.

The main thing that i have to do is figure out how to do the servo's. Meaning how many.What I need to figure, is how im going to make it transform from aircraft to robot form and back.I have a good idea how the frame will be,but figuring on "x" number of servo's that will go in.It still needs to transform and fly.Most ppl use anywhere from 6 to 10 servo's.That is what the number range has to be.Be capable of transforming and locking in place and fly with 8 to 10 servo's.I know how servo's work and that you can join a couple of things to one servo.
Then i have to figure on the power and motors (kind and how many)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hey nitro.. I would love to get more updates on this.. and help in any way I can. stuff like this intrigues me! I and would love to offer any help you need with it... :)

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like a great long term project. Make sure to post LOTS of pics and vids of it in progress! Remember, Pic's/Vids or it didn't happen lmao

The first thing that I'm going to have to do is find the toy to see how each part is going to move.The type that I'm thinking of is going to be a heli.More and likly the same one that was in the transformers movie( not sure if it was the first one or second).In one of the movie's at the beginning of the movie a decepticon helicopter landed at a military base.That is what the rc will look like(hopefully).As above i will have to buy the toy and see how each part move's so i get a better idea where the servo's are going , what part needs to be hinged,so on and so on

One thing that im going to have to do is get a tablet computer and get a autocad program so i can design and modify the blueprint if you will. Sioce i work at a computer warehouse i can get a good deal on a tablet pc.the expensive part will be buying the autocad program.Here is canada they run about 300$ for a good one

I have been looking around for the toy last weekend, to see how the parts are hindged and move.Maaaan i cant beleive how hard it is to find the toy for the project.Im looking for the classic version which is i think the bell 400 something.I do know that the original heli transformer is the rescue chopper.Do you think i can find it nooooooooo,of corse not (haha).If any of you seen the toy please let me know where you seen it.I have looked on ebay, craigslist, and general search on the net and nothing.I know its around somewhere,but where.Where i live finding the plastic model of it will be easy,because there are lots of those store where i live(general area).Once i have the toy and the plastic model i can go to the local rc store's and start picking up the parts of the frame work that i will need.That is why i have been asking about motors, batteries, and servo's

murankar

Staff member
The character you are referring to may have been a minor character. If that's the case then there may not have been a toy of it. In the past the not so popular transformers never made it to the store shelf.

I think I remember the one you talk about and I think it was a late 2nd season or third season. The third season was cut short. I know this is not a positive reply but I hope it helps.

Top Bottom