Servos Curious about Servo Extensions

Derek

I need to get or make some servo extensions that are 10' long. What's a good way to go about getting this? Can I cut a servo extension and add wire of my needed length? Or do I just need to buy a bunch of extensions and connect them?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I need to get or make some servo extensions that are 10' long. What's a good way to go about getting this? Can I cut a servo extension and add wire of my needed length? Or do I just need to buy a bunch of extensions and connect them?

Go to e bay or any hobby supply and you can buy them! Don't cut and add wire! Your only asking for trouble! If your ingenues, you can spend about $25.00 for the tools and order the parts for them and make them up custom. Unless your going to make a lot of them then it's not worth it!

Derek

oh, so I could just simply buy the wire and connectors and make my own desired length. Is that what you are saying?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can purchase the servo wire and extend it yourself. You will need the wire, the ends and the plugs. If you are really good at soldering, then you can just unsolder your wires from the board and solder on your new wires after you have done the ends. I guess you can do the wire first, then put it in the heli and figure out the length and then put the end on it. Either way, it takes a steady hand and good soldering skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you can just purchase extensions. The plugs are a little bulky, but it's the fastest way.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There is a special tool for crimping the wires to the ends. It works great. If your like me you will need a magnifying glass to see that small though! Lol but it's just easer to buy the servo extensions at your lhs and go that route! It's about $20 for the crimping tool. You can get extensions for $3 to $3.50 a piece!

- - - Updated - - -

Just go to e bay and type in servo wire and you will get a million hits! Lol

Top Bottom