Kits Cub is starting to look like a plane, 3rd veiw

svan3001

DSCN0499.jpgDSCN0500.jpgWithout video it wasn't practical to take pictures of the assembly process, all four sides had to go together at the same time. With these stamped models there is a lot of sanding and dry fitting which takes a long time. From the last set of pictures I have about fourteen hours into the fuselage assembly. There is no tail wheel assembly yet, I didn't like the stock one because it attached directly to the rudder, which on a bigger model is a bad idea. A bad landing or a hard hit on the larger tail wheels will really tear up a rudder, so it is better to use one with springs that attach it to the rudder. I bought one but it is too big so I have to exchange it for a smaller size. The engine I bought is a Saito 100 twin, (I will post pictures tomorrow) the firewall is back one inch so I have to figure out the best way to build it out. Any suggestions?

DSCN0499.jpg

DSCN0500.jpg

svan3001

Thanks, Hope I can get it done before I have to add Ski's. I enjoyed your latest videos, It has been so long since I have flown I might have to find some tall grass also. lol

wolfman76

That bird is looking really great svan is it going to be nitro or electric? Here is my Lil Guillows piper super cub 95 i am going to build and turn into rc electric powered had a 24" wing. Can't wait to see your bird when it is finished

svan3001

Thanks!! This one I am opting to go nitro, I am going with a four stroke Saito 100 twin. I have never had a four stroke or an electric, I plan to go electric on one of the next planes I build. That's the thing with being a builder you always start working on the next one (in your mind) before your done with the one your working on now!

wolfman76

Sounds good should have tons of power and being add it will be a 4 stroke you can mix your own fuel instead of Nutting a specific type of fuel like you do on a nitro.

Top Bottom