Videos Crusing the Countryside with the IFrame

Tasajara

Did a little FPV fri evening... Flew around my friend MX track and a few fields.
I did notice a little vibration in the flight, so did a quick prop check when I got home
Found 2 props were a little out of balance...
Anyway it was a fun flight... will have to explore that area again sometime.

[video=youtube_share;Gps5QgaHhaw]http://youtu.be/Gps5QgaHhaw[/video]

WyDiablo

Wow nice video and that is a super nice country side place also. That's my kind of living sure sure<<<<<<(Country man)

Tasajara

Thanks guys... It's just me... I want this thing to be super smooth...
I may need to do a little more trimming...

Yep I love flying different places too. Like to see the beautiful scenery...
and from the view we have doing FPV makes it so much better... :yahoo:

Derek

Yeah man..that was awesome! I love the look of those hills. Do you have a thread on this site describing your FPV setup or can you list it here? I'm curious what you are using.

Tasajara

I did a while back... I hit a limb broke a prop... that was before the leaves were on the trees, it made them hard to see.
But should be a bit easier now.... So now that I can't get any more 9x5 graupners
I am a little more careful where I fly close to objects :joyous:

Sure... My setup is from ReadyMadeRC.com
I use a 1.3GHz 300mW Transmitter
Two 1.3GHz Receiver w/SAW Upgrade (V3 with 1258 MHz!)
Along with the Eagle Eyes FPV Station with Plastic Case Diversity controller.
I have 2 ground station antennas
1) 1.3 GHz 1200-1360MHz SPW12 RCHP Skew Planar Wheel Antenna
2) 1.3 GHz 9.5dBic 5 Turn RHCP Helical Antenna (IBCrazy)
I also use the 1.3 GHz 1200-1360MHz SPW12 RCHP Skew Planar Wheel Antenna on my quad for the transmitter.

I use the EzUHF setup on my Radio, because I get longer range and it is not affected by the 1.3gHz video as it would do to a 2.4gHz radio.

I use the live feed from the GoPro for my FPV camera and recording I use this cord GoProHD Camera Cable (Video Only)

Here is a pic of the Ground Station

07 -  long range.JPG06 -  long range.JPG
xRotor IFrame.jpg

07 -  long range.JPG

06 -  long range.JPG

xRotor IFrame.jpg

Last edited:

Tasajara

Just weighed the quad RTF and it was 2lbs 12oz
That is with a Gens Ace 2200mAh 30c 3s battery,my GoPro, and a 430 mAh 3s for the video TX.

WyDiablo

That's about half of what my hexa weights. My bird is heavy but I also do not do any type of "Sport" flying with the hexa either. That's why I built the little F450 to beat the air with. Your really have a neat setup there from you heli right down to your ground station. Enjoy your fpv flying man and have tons of fun. I'm still waiting on my 600TVL camera and my gopro to get returned sigh.

Tasajara

I hear ya.... I just got my GoPro 3 Black Edition today with a 64GB memory card, can't wait to try it out.
Also bought a Cherry Sunburst skin to go on it for protection and cool looks...
And if it gets knocked off (fingers crossed it want )
it will show up better if I have to go looking for it,
than the black and gray color it comes in.

gph3-cherrysunburst.jpg

gph3-cherrysunburst.jpg

WyDiablo

Very sharp looking camera. I check the tracking number on my 600TVL and it has been dispatched to the us so I guess another week or so before it gets here. The gopro has been setup to ship from the warehouse in Cal. but has not been given a tracking number yet.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I hear ya.... I just got my GoPro 3 Black Edition today with a 64GB memory card, can't wait to try it out.
Also bought a Cherry Sunburst skin to go on it for protection and cool looks...
And if it gets knocked off (fingers crossed it want )
it will show up better if I have to go looking for it,
than the black and gray color it comes in.

View attachment 6296

Cool graffics! I got the bullet graffics on my hero 2 and the bulls eye for my hero 1. Just getting them stuck on the cameras

Top Bottom