Projects Crazy idea for a new helicopter sport

zenmetsu

I know that the 3D competitions can get pretty crazy, but while flying around at my apartment complex, near the volleyball court, I realized that someone could set up a game of volleyball using the helicopter! Think about it, two transmitters linked in trainer mode, when the heli crosses the net, a computer transfers control to the player on that side of the net. The object of the game, crash the heli onto the other player's side. :rotflmao:

That would be one of the most expensive, fast-paced sports out there. This would be ridiculously easy to set up and get going, but obviously there would be a great deal of danger with anything too large.

Lee

In one way it has already been do. Those crazy guys at heligraphix took a heli and two radios connected by a trainer port. One would start to fly 3D then without them knowing, someone would flick a switch from one radio to the other. Imagine that. Not knowing if you are in control or not, and still doing smack 3D!!!! Amazing control.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I saw that. Those guys also play baseball or something, heli sledding or skiing. Seen them all lmao. Just waiting on one of them to cut an arm off one of these days.

zenmetsu

Yeah, I think that it would be fun as hell with an mSR. You could probably find a way to build a safety cage around the heli to help prevent damage. Would definitely build up your reflexes and recovery skills since you never know exactly when control will be returned to you or the orientation of the heli as it crosses over.

I'm starting to let my friends try my heli. I grabbed a spare DX6i just in case mine poops out and I decided to make use of the trainer feature. Just in hovering flight, I am finding that it can be pretty tricky to recover from some other person's inputs.

Lee

There is a new heli just out inside a ball, so you can crash it any way you like and not break it.

Top Bottom