Micro Crashed the Trex 150

1Swoopdog

So I crashed my Trex 150 today. I had a tail boom strike with the main rotor. It bent the tail boom, and knocked the tail motor clean off. The wire broke where it connects inside the tail motor. Is this fixable? I can't tell how the motor comes apart, or where to solder/glue the wire. Has anyone taken one of these apart or fixed one before?

Smoggie

It's unlikely to be fixable, or at least very difficult. The wires are extensions of the winding wire inside the motor and they are coated with an insulating lacquer that prevents soldering. You would have to scratch the lacquer off which is very fiddly on such small wire at the best of times but inside a motor almost impossible.

If the blades hit hard enough to bend the boom then the feathering shaft will very likely be bent and possibly the main shaft too.

1Swoopdog

Thanks Smoggie for your reply. That's some good info on the tail motor. I ordered a new one. Is the main shaft just pressed in, or is there a retaining clip that I can't see?
I checked the fathering shaft, and it seems to be ok. If not I have plenty of them.
Thanks again for the info.

Top Bottom