General Correct servo for airplane and receiver

Giby1

I am building a Sig Senior. Am using a "DX8" Tx and a "AR8000" Rx.
Will be using a nitro engine.
Question is; What would be the right servo for the airplane using the above hardware?
Tks for any help.
Giby1

Tony

Staff member
It's stating that it uses standard size servos according to the Mfg website. With that, there are a TON of options. If you like the plane, check out some Hitec servos. That is what I'm using in my Edge 540T and they are great. Although I can't give you any numbers since I'm using micro/mini servos. Hopefully someone can come in here and post up some numbers for ya. I know rdsok knows his servos pretty well.

Giby1

Thanks Tony,
Would you know anything about a "Z Connector"?
I have only used "J-plugs" on all my aircraft all this 2.4 stuff is all new to me.
If the "z" is the plug, would it connect to the Specktrum AR8000 Rx?
Giby1

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you are talking about. The only "Z" I know about is a Z bend in the servo control linkage. Can you post a picture or article to help me out?

Giby1

I'm not sure what you are talking about. The only "Z" I know about is a Z bend in the servo control linkage. Can you post a picture or article to help me out?

Sorry about that Tony. Did not make it too clear.
It seems to be a "Airtronics" thing.
It is a connector/plug.
If you "Google" Airtronics 94761Z Micro Digital, it should bring up the servo. In the spec's it list's the connector as "Z".
I was just wondering what type connector/plug fit the AR8000 (Spektrum) Rx.
Giby1

Tony

Staff member
Oh duh lmao. Yeah, it's the blue connector that they came out with to be different from futaba lmao. I used to have those on my cars and trucks. And that plug is the same as the JR plug, so it will plug right into your Rx with no problem. The Futaba connectors are what you have to modify to fit the gyros and rx's.

Giby1

Oh duh lmao. Yeah, it's the blue connector that they came out with to be different from futaba lmao. I used to have those on my cars and trucks. And that plug is the same as the JR plug, so it will plug right into your Rx with no problem. The Futaba connectors are what you have to modify to fit the gyros and rx's.

Thanks for the come-back.
You will probably be hearing from me with some other problem that I did not do enough backround on.
Tks again
Giby1

Tony

Staff member
That is what we are here for. I knew that I had heard that before, but the only thing that I could think of is the Z bend.

Oh yeah, what changed was how the plugs are wired. Make sure the red wire is in the middle. On most all Rx's the red is ALWAYS in the middle. This keeps you from frying a servo or Rx.

Top Bottom