450 Correct One Piece?

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Mainly a question for Lee ... was wondering if this is the one piece block usable on the HK 450GT?

11272010_45proTL45088-02.jpg

From this website.

Tony

Staff member
It's a one piece main shaft bearing block. Should work for all heli's except the Pro versions. Not sure why you would need this though...

Lee

Thats the exact one i put in mine. As i needed new bearing blocks anyway, this was a good option to increase main shaft stability, and secure the bearing in perfect alignment.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
it wont work on pro? on tmkarc1 website and many others its listed as an upgrade to the tarot pros.. i am not sure how it will fit too.. but was just confused. I am also looking to buy a main bearing holder peice soon.

Tony

Staff member
On the pro the main bearing block is also the mount for all 3 cyclic servos. this mount doesn't have those provisions.

Lee

Its from the Align Trex Sport, but can be used on the SE too. (NOT THE PRO) :D

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Sounds good to me ... probably be ordering one. I like the idea of the added stability in the frame and the main shaft.

EDIT: It be ordered ... time to get my heli in the air.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
This was an un-needed piece to get that heli in the air. I have a lot of flights on the HK450GT and I was using stock everything. This bearing block will do nothing to make it more stable that you will notice. It's like replacing your tie rod boots. They look better, but very little function if you have it setup correctly in teh first place.

Lee

My only reason for getting it was, my old bearing mount had a stripped screw in it, so i thought why not. I also bought the one piece tail/drive gear block from Tarot too. I thought, if it help, it helps. A solid piece compared to separate parts can surely add strength to the frame, if nothing else. But yes i would'nt go out and buy it just for bling, if i already had working parts. :)

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I understand Tony. It's just something I wanted to do. If you fly like I do, you'd want the heli as stable as possible. Hopefully it will be there. I have to adjust a few things, but that's notes for another thread.

Top Bottom