Servos Corona DS929MG case problems

Lee

I bought these for my 450 from GoGo RC on ebay. I have bought loads of stuff from them with no issue, but these are my first dud item. The servos work very well, but after 3 flights i noticed that the elevator servo was moving in the frame. I thought it had just come lose, but no, the mounting points had crumbled to pieces??? Bearing in mind i have only flown this 3 times since instillation of the servos.
I have had two other Corona servos that burn out, so i will be steering clear of these from now on.

100_2562.jpg

@Tony this image was uploaded from my Picasa web album. I had the same issue again with the computer upload window.
Heres a screen shot.

Screen%2520shot%25202012-04-06%2520at%252009.41.16.jpg

Morelight

Fearless Freep
wow man. those servos tore themselves up. and yup Lee, that is exactly what I get lately when I try to up. I think I cancelled that menu, and then tried pasting into the post, and then got to the proper upload page where there is a list of your uploaded material, and then I had no problem. I'll post a screenie when it happens again.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lee that seems like the same material that t pro mg90s are made of. It crumbles as soon as it touches the slightest bit of loctite.

Try it on one of the plastic peices. It takes like a teeny tiny bit to make this brittle material powder.. I broke one mg90s like that. After that I almost had to go without loctite on my clone 450 when I had it.

ARM_Coder

I never had problems with the mg90s, but the Coronas 919/929 have very brittle cases. This alone made me stop using Coronas.

Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9000B using Tapatalk

Tony

Staff member
Wow, these are now destined to be used on a foamie and glued on lmao. Sucks though and thanks for the heads up.

As for the error screen, I was really hoping for an error number or something to be on there. But there is nothing. I will do some digging and see what I can find though.

To anyone else, if you see an error number or an error message, let me know. This shouldn't be happening.

Lee

When i hold the cursor over the exclamation mark it has a 404 error number.

Tony

Staff member
I am looking into it now. I see that the file was only 1.22mb, so that shouldn't be the issue. This one really has me scratching my head.

Top Bottom