Copter construction confusion

Westy

LEGEND
Nice!
hope you got a good Gyro to support your decent Tail servo.... what Servo did you get?

treff

Thanks both, yes coming together very nicely. It also feels somehow more solid than the last one especially the tail. No slop that I can feel or see and the slider like silk end to end. I have ordered the Align tail servo DS650 but will use the GA250 gyro. I was also considering dumping the training gear because I found it off putting when trying to hover and replacing with a pair of 500 skids, any thoughts. The training gear also dire when on grass where I attempt to fly near the house. Cheers

Westy

LEGEND
Training gear really only good for smooth concrete when learning to bounce 9Collective management) and skid ... (Collective, tail and Cyclic management)

just try take off and landing practice if you are hovering good...... you need to feel what the heli is doing on take off and feel the cushion effect when landing.... but you do need you landing gear if you do not have your upright orientations sorted.... or you will put her down for sure!

treff

Thanks Westy. Not to many open spaces with concrete or tarmac here but plenty of grass LOL. I may have a look at the 500 landing gear and decide when I have fitted a pair. I think it's all about confidence. I can hover till the cows come home on simulators so just have to be more positive. Cheers.

Westy

LEGEND
you can reverse the landing gear .... it brings the centre of gravity forward and reduces the risk of tail strike. (that is if you have an align landing gear with the landing skid pipes)

Lee

Does the 600 size servo fit in this heli? I don't know, never had a 450 Pro.

treff

Whoops meant to say DS520 servo not the 600 range....................Had me worried there for a mo LOL

treff

Thanks Lee. Did a first run up of the motor and need to get the wallet out again LOL Main gear and auto rotation gear for the tail is to badly warped to use. Sent for the Align one. I did expect this from reading the reports of this kit. Thought I had gotten away with it but no such luck. Any way thing are progress really good. Should have this thing in the air by 2014 LOL. I am getting a good stock of spares in with all the left over bits. I will soon have enough to start to build another.
Cheers.

Top Bottom